Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

hi coders, can you make an arrow indicator near candle (main chart) of the crossover/point of touch between %K and %D of stochastic 3,3,5 - closed/closed - simple/linear weighted.

i place the white vertical lines for reference.

also, can you make an alert sound (not message) along with the arrows. its ok if it recalculates/rapaint/reposition, as long as the touch happens
fractals inside fractals

Modified a little bit so we can use any Wingdings font symbol.
The indicator displays signals to buy/sell.

Parameters:

KPeriod=5;
DPeriod=3;
Slowing=3;
MA_Method=0; // SMA 0, EMA 1, SMMA 2, LWMA 3
note_Price="PriceField: Low/High = 0, Close/Close = 1";
PriceField=0; // Low/High 0, Close/Close 1
OverBoughtLevel =80;
OverSoldLevel =20;
show_KD_cross=true;
show_K_OBOScross=false;
show_D_OBOScross=false;
_MA_Method="SMA0 EMA1 SMMA2 LWMA3";
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post:
Amunra5

Re: Stochastic indicator(s)

jerrysb wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 am

Hi,
Well it's more of an art that a science. In fact that's why I am looking for indicators to make it rule-based.
What I do is basically a mean-reversion scalping strategy on the 15 min timeframe.
- I use the recursive stochastics for a "cyclical" view - i.e. what was supposed to happen if price were cyclical. I assume there is a 20 bar cycle - William Bressert said so! :)
- I use the DSS r-squared for the actual momentum view - what actually is happening with orderflow.
When they agree - price has a chance to bounce from the S/R or supply and demand zone.
When they disagree - a new S/R or supply demand zone has a chance to form that will be a point of entry later when tested.
To identify S/R or S/D zones I look in the past - if cyclical stochastics said down but price went up then there are strong bids there so I can scalp the bounce or if price should break through - bids will flip to offers and support will become resistance.
I don't care much how I draw my S/R lines or S/D zones - don't think there is a "correct" way of doing so. I just use the closest round numbers to trade off.
Here is a pic from the recent euro price action.
Here's the template to trade his way.

Amunra5 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 am Good day,

All the divergence indi on the internet are crap when it comes to M1. div of rsi, stoch, cci, macd, trix, osma, tsi, rsx, ewo, ao, and so forth.. with smoothing or adaptive of all sorts

Please make divergence on the %K line of this indicator. (K period 3, slowing 3)
thanks.
I think this was posted before but really is one of the best divergence indies around and is Stoch as well. Also take a look at Wildhog it's pretty good too.

Amunra5 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 am Good day,

All the divergence indi on the internet are crap when it comes to M1. div of rsi, stoch, cci, macd, trix, osma, tsi, rsx, ewo, ao, and so forth.. with smoothing or adaptive of all sorts

Please make divergence on the %K line of this indicator. (K period 3, slowing 3)
thanks.
If they are all garbage why would you want to add it to stochastic, sorry not understanding?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jimmy