Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:27 am You don't see my version , two posts below your quote post?
rsi
I have a question. Is it also not possible from a programming point of view to display the really relevant divergences? As seen here in the photo, this is ultimately the divergence that is relevant for trading decisions, but this is not shown. Within the same movement, it can also be useful to know the divergence, but here a moving average with the right setting can also show the trend change, which should usually be completely sufficient.
Attachments

pail1217 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:47 am I have a question. Is it also not possible from a programming point of view to display the really relevant divergences? As seen here in the photo, this is ultimately the divergence that is relevant for trading decisions, but this is not shown. Within the same movement, it can also be useful to know the divergence, but here a moving average with the right setting can also show the trend change, which should usually be completely sufficient.
This is only divergence code what I know, maybe try some rsi from Mrtools, Mladen. But when I visually compare one old indicator, divergence look same.....
Attachments
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
pail1217

pail1217 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:47 am I have a question. Is it also not possible from a programming point of view to display the really relevant divergences? As seen here in the photo, this is ultimately the divergence that is relevant for trading decisions, but this is not shown. Within the same movement, it can also be useful to know the divergence, but here a moving average with the right setting can also show the trend change, which should usually be completely sufficient.
Yes, I have also noticed this across a lot of the indicators displaying divergence I have looked at & think the code used maybe standardized somewhat, but don't quote me on that as I am in no way a coder.
This is why I now stick to my tried and trusted method of identifying them manually at the indicators over extended levels around major S&R levels.
These users thanked the author Woodyz for the post:
pail1217

Woodyz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:35 am Yes, I have also noticed this across a lot of the indicators displaying divergence I have looked at & think the code used maybe standardized somewhat, but don't quote me on that as I am in no way a coder.
This is why I now stick to my tried and trusted method of identifying them manually at the indicators over extended levels around major S&R levels.
Yes, in the end it is no problem to do the whole thing manually. There are simply things that humans can do even better. When the AI really gets going, that could change, but at the moment we are still better in some respects.