Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

Hello there,

First of all thanks a lot for your work in the trading community guys.

I wonder if you could create a RSI like one one shown in the image, with a minor addition:

The RSI shown in the image (1H chart) has a black line and 2 brown ones:
-The black line is the standard MT4 RSI (the source indicator).
-The brown lines represent the extremes the standard RSI line has reached during a certain bar, it's like a "register" of the reached levels.

Would it be possible to make it so the RSI line in the red circle (the section of the RSI that has to repaint because the bar is still opened) is displayed in a different (chosen) color? Then once the bar closes it would become the same color than the rest of the non-repainting parts, and the colored section would move to the next opened bar.

Thanks a lot in advance
Attachments

miau1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm Hello there,

I wonder if you could create a RSI like one one shown in the image, with a minor addition:

-The brown lines represent the extremes the standard RSI line has reached during a certain bar, it's like a "register" of the reached levels.

Would it be possible to make it so the RSI line in the red circle (the section of the RSI that has to repaint because the bar is still opened) is displayed in a different (chosen) color? Then once the bar closes it would become the same color than the rest of the non-repainting parts, and the colored section would move to the next opened bar.

Thanks a lot in advance
Do not think it can be done.

mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:54 am

Do not think it can be done.
Thank you for your quick answer!

And would it be possible to make just the standard RSI but whose naturally repainting section can have another color of your choice? I tried to find it but seems is nowhere to be found, or does not exist. Thanks anyway, really!

miau1 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:56 am

Thank you for your quick answer!

And would it be possible to make just the standard RSI but whose naturally repainting section can have another color of your choice? I tried to find it but seems is nowhere to be found, or does not exist. Thanks anyway, really!
Sorry don't think it's possible.

miau1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm Hello there,

Thanks a lot in advance
From another metaquotes indicator (and thanks to the help of a coder credited in the source code), I got the basic RSI with the repainting section in a different color working properly, thought I would share it here.

I wonder, would it be possible to add to this indi the second part of the request? (The lines that display the maximum-minimum values the RSI reached in a certain candle, those wouldn't need different colors). Thanks!
These users thanked the author miau1 for the post:
Jimmy

miau1 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:27 pm

From another metaquotes indicator (and thanks to the help of a coder credited in the source code), I got the basic RSI with the repainting section in a different color working properly, thought I would share it here.

I wonder, would it be possible to add to this indi the second part of the request? (The lines that display the maximum-minimum values the RSI reached in a certain candle, those wouldn't need different colors). Thanks!
Thanks for sharing(was so easy wish I would have thought of that), anyway added the channel.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
rudiarius, Jimmy, miau1, Antonio, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:47 am

Thanks for sharing(was so easy wish I would have thought of that), anyway added the channel.
Thanks Miau, CJA and Mrtools for this neat version of the RSI. Interesting idea with the current "open" bar reading being highlighted on the RSI. I'm currently using it on my live charts!
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
miau1
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance