Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 am Added all the averages.
Thank you Mrtools for adding the valuable Averages filters. Out of the two recent versions I seem to gravitate towards the first one you've made, so I've made a template for others who would like to try it :)

A bit of history on this indicator.

The Squeeze Momentum

The Squeeze Momentum was originally a derivative of John Carter's "TTM Squeeze" volatility indicator & was popularized by Lazy Bear on TradingView back in 2014.

The black dots on the median line show that the market has just entered a "Squeeze" (indicator has recognized that the Bollinger Bands are currently within the Keltner Channel). This signifies low volatility, and the market is preparing itself for an explosive move (either Up or Down). Gray crosses signify "Squeeze release".

John Carter suggests:

• Wait till the first gray dot appears after a black dot
  • Take a position into the direction of the momentum eg. if momentum value is above zero, go Long
  • Exit the position when the momentum changes (signified by a color change)

Below is a template to get you started as well as John Carter's book.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 9):
moey_dw, optionhk, QSD, RodrigoRT7, Krunal Gajjar, talaate, Umberleigh, Jedidiah, allan
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

mrtools wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 pm There is a commercial version think it is called better bb squeeze anyway his histigram is a momentum type indicator, anyway made this version using velocity instead which seems a hair fasted than the linear regression slope, anyway it's still using the averages for the bbands and keltner.
Awesome, Mr Tools and Jimmy!! I think I didn't explain my idea well with the averages in this indicator. sorry about that. The idea was to include the averages in the bollinger bands as in this indicator that I am including in the attachment. However, I noticed that some averages on the Bollinger end up distorting the bands too much, I don't know if this is viable within this indicator. I quote this, that's why I use this indicator a little differently from casual.

A BIG Tks again, :D
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Jedidiah

The Squeeze Momentum

The Squeeze Momentum was originally a derivative of John Carter's "TTM Squeeze" volatility indicator & was popularized by Lazy Bear on TradingView back in 2014.

The black dots on the median line show that the market has just entered a "Squeeze" (indicator has recognized that the Bollinger Bands are currently within the Keltner Channel). This signifies low volatility, and the market is preparing itself for an explosive move (either Up or Down). Gray crosses signify "Squeeze release".
Could you show the settings?, the black dots didn't appears in my setup? The Squeeze Momentum

download/file.php?id=3407076
Also, in the 1 hour Tf, (current timeframe), the indicator shows the red color for a downtrend below 50, in that 1 Hour TF,... but when I set the indicator setting input to show the 1 Hour Tf in lower timeframes, in 5 minutes it show the color orange below 50?, I suppose it needs to be Red?

NewLight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 am Could you show the settings?, the black dots didn't appears in my setup? The Squeeze Momentum
Start from scratch, delete the indicators you've separately downloaded and load up everything in the actual template I've put together.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

NewLight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 am Could you show the settings?, the black dots didn't appears in my setup? The Squeeze Momentum
cos u not using the template man............ use template jimmyboy upload.............. all his setup works for me all tf & markets!!!
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Hi Mister Tools
Very keen to try out the sve Bollinger bands with alerts and divergence
I am somewhat stumped... followed this thread and downloaded the latest with the !!! prefix

My MT4 installation is throwing error:
you are trying to use renamed indicator
The file name must be :!!!sve - bollinger band (alerts + divergence).ex4
contact forexx-station.com

might there be a bug in my installation - no one else is reporting this ??

kind regards
-john-

jsw_nz wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:34 pm Hi Mister Tools
Very keen to try out the sve Bollinger bands with alerts and divergence
I am somewhat stumped... followed this thread and downloaded the latest with the !!! prefix

My MT4 installation is throwing error:
you are trying to use renamed indicator
The file name must be :!!!sve - bollinger band (alerts + divergence).ex4
contact forexx-station.com

might there be a bug in my installation - no one else is reporting this ??

kind regards
-john-
Check here

Hi Mr Tools

Well - your are RIGHT - unbelievable - but when I redownloaded using Chrome
this indi installed correctly - btw - absolutely great work !

As it turned out - whilst trying to get to the bottom of this - I did a search on SVE (Silvain VerVoort)

He has a MetaTrader4 Formulas page on his website found here:
https://www.stocata.org/metatrader/formulas.html

And a nice YouTube Channel found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SylvainVervoort/featured

I am getting the same error on another download from forex-station:
averages - mtf - alerts 9.0.ex4

a cursory search yielded 299 results - might you recall where this indicator was first posted
I believe it offers the TEMA option

many thanks
-john-

jsw_nz wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:00 pm Hi Mr Tools

Well - your are RIGHT - unbelievable - but when I redownloaded using Chrome
this indi installed correctly - btw - absolutely great work !

As it turned out - whilst trying to get to the bottom of this - I did a search on SVE (Silvain VerVoort)

He has a MetaTrader4 Formulas page on his website found here:
https://www.stocata.org/metatrader/formulas.html

And a nice YouTube Channel found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SylvainVervoort/featured

I am getting the same error on another download from forex-station:
averages - mtf - alerts 9.0.ex4

a cursory search yielded 299 results - might you recall where this indicator was first posted
I believe it offers the TEMA option

many thanks
-john-
Yeah a zerolag tema. And have this older version from Mladen.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
jsw_nz