NO LINKS OR MQL SOURCE CODE REQUESTS. Please follow the rules.

Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:27 am
No I just changed the bands and left the histogram as a linear regression slope. Didn't even think about changing it.
Ahh, I get it. I thought this change of averages would have another effect on the histogram, expanding or collapsing it. :(

anyway, thanks a lot for your help again.

RodrigoRT7 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:21 am
Ahh, I get it. I thought this change of averages would have another effect on the histogram, expanding or collapsing it. :(

anyway, thanks a lot for your help again.
There is a commercial version think it is called better bb squeeze anyway his histogram is a momentum type indicator, anyway made this version using velocity instead which seems a hair faster than the linear regression slope, anyway it's still using the averages for the bbands and keltner.
bbsqueeze - averages (mtf + alerts + multi symbol).ex4
(148.64 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
bb squeeze averages.png

mrtools wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 am
Added all the averages.
Thank you Mrtools for adding the valuable Averages filters. Out of the two recent versions I seem to gravitate towards the first one you've made, so I've made a template for others who would like to try it :)

A bit of history on this indicator.

The Squeeze Momentum

The Squeeze Momentum was originally a derivative of John Carter's "TTM Squeeze" volatility indicator & was popularized by Lazy Bear on TradingView back in 2014.

The black dots on the median line show that the market has just entered a "Squeeze" (indicator has recognized that the Bollinger Bands are currently within the Keltner Channel). This signifies low volatility, and the market is preparing itself for an explosive move (either Up or Down). Gray crosses signify "Squeeze release".

Mr. Carter suggests:

• Wait till the first gray dot appears after a black dot
  • Take a position into the direction of the momentum eg. if momentum value is above zero, go Long
  • Exit the position when the momentum changes (signified by a color change)

Below is a template to get you started as well as John Carter's book.
Squeeze Momentum indicator for MT4 with MTF.png
Squeeze Momentum Template MT4.zip
(211.35 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
Mastering The Trade by John F Carter TTM Squeeze.pdf
(14.6 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
Trade with the broker that supports our work! FBS are offering $140 to get you started! Click here to begin live trading, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
How to draw Fibonacci Extensions the easy way
How to easily find & draw major Support & Resistance

mrtools wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 pm
There is a commercial version think it is called better bb squeeze anyway his histigram is a momentum type indicator, anyway made this version using velocity instead which seems a hair fasted than the linear regression slope, anyway it's still using the averages for the bbands and keltner.
Awesome, Mr Tools and Jimmy!! I think I didn't explain my idea well with the averages in this indicator. sorry about that. The idea was to include the averages in the bollinger bands as in this indicator that I am including in the attachment. However, I noticed that some averages on the Bollinger end up distorting the bands too much, I don't know if this is viable within this indicator. I quote this, that's why I use this indicator a little differently from casual.

A BIG Tks again, :D
All BB Bands.PNG
All BB Bands 2 .PNG
All BB Bands 3 .PNG
AllBollingerBands v2.5 600+.mq4
(96.02 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
bbsqueeze alerts (mtf & multi symbol) 1.1.mq4
(18.06 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

The Squeeze Momentum

The Squeeze Momentum was originally a derivative of John Carter's "TTM Squeeze" volatility indicator & was popularized by Lazy Bear on TradingView back in 2014.

The black dots on the median line show that the market has just entered a "Squeeze" (indicator has recognized that the Bollinger Bands are currently within the Keltner Channel). This signifies low volatility, and the market is preparing itself for an explosive move (either Up or Down). Gray crosses signify "Squeeze release".
Could you show the settings?, the black dots didn't appears in my setup? The Squeeze Momentum

download/file.php?id=3407076
squezze.png

Also, in the 1 hour Tf, (current timeframe), the indicator shows the red color for a downtrend below 50, in that 1 Hour TF,... but when I set the indicator setting input to show the 1 Hour Tf in lower timeframes, in 5 minutes it show the color orange below 50?, I suppose it needs to be Red?
orange.png

NewLight wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 am
Could you show the settings?, the black dots didn't appears in my setup? The Squeeze Momentum
Start from scratch, delete the indicators you've separately downloaded and load up everything in the actual template I've put together.
Trade with the broker that supports our work! FBS are offering $140 to get you started! Click here to begin live trading, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
How to draw Fibonacci Extensions the easy way
How to easily find & draw major Support & Resistance

NewLight wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 am
cos u not using the template man............ use template jimmyboy upload.............. all his setup works for me all tf & markets!!!
Squeezesetupmt4.png
Contribution Inspector & GIF Animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
For real news, go to: Infowars.com 👈

Hi Mister Tools
Very keen to try out the sve Bollinger bands with alerts and divergence
I am somewhat stumped... followed this thread and downloaded the latest with the !!! prefix

My MT4 installation is throwing error:
you are trying to use renamed indicator
The file name must be :!!!sve - bollinger band (alerts + divergence).ex4
contact forexx-station.com

might there be a bug in my installation - no one else is reporting this ??

kind regards
-john-

jsw_nz wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:34 pm
Hi Mister Tools
Very keen to try out the sve Bollinger bands with alerts and divergence
I am somewhat stumped... followed this thread and downloaded the latest with the !!! prefix

My MT4 installation is throwing error:
you are trying to use renamed indicator
The file name must be :!!!sve - bollinger band (alerts + divergence).ex4
contact forexx-station.com

might there be a bug in my installation - no one else is reporting this ??

kind regards
-john-
Check here

1. Similar Topics

1. Bollinger Bands Indicators for MT5

2 Replies 306 Views

by ionone, Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:52 pm in MT5 Indicators

2 Replies
    2. 1-2-3 PATTERN Double Bollinger Bands Trading Strategy

0 Replies 474 Views

by honje19960321, Sun May 01, 2022 7:55 pm in Trading Systems

0 Replies
    3. MT5 Channel type indicators

14 Replies 1762 Views

by mrtools, Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:02 am in MT5 Indicators

14 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”

Users viewing this forum: BeatlemaniaSA, bkaewhanam, CommonCrawl [Bot], Garg, IBM oBot [Bot], Jimmy, kvak, mrtools, PetalBot [Bot], Rabi, Tbot [Bot] and 51 guests