Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

-L- wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:05 am Hi Mrtools,

thanks for coding it.

yes thats amazingly close, the only weird thing is that for some reason the UP trend show in some scenarios when it shouldn't

in the picture below I'm using the indicator with settings: bb20 and bb40, at close price, deviation 2.0 but in some cases the histogram draw the uptrend when both of the bands of the fast BB are outside the slow BB -in this scenario the one that should be drawn is the gray/flat trend bars on the histogram-

the area where I draw the yellow rectangles are the ones that should be gray/flat.

And try to search on the chart but only found cases when this happen and its always with the UP trend, didn't see it happen with the DOWN trend.

lastly, if possible pls add a Multi TF setting

thanks again for yor help
Can you test this version?
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, -L-, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah

-L- wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:05 am Hi Mrtools,

thanks for coding it.

yes thats amazingly close, the only weird thing is that for some reason the UP trend show in some scenarios when it shouldn't

in the picture below I'm using the indicator with settings: bb20 and bb40, at close price, deviation 2.0 but in some cases the histogram draw the uptrend when both of the bands of the fast BB are outside the slow BB -in this scenario the one that should be drawn is the gray/flat trend bars on the histogram-

the area where I draw the yellow rectangles are the ones that should be gray/flat.

And try to search on the chart but only found cases when this happen and its always with the UP trend, didn't see it happen with the DOWN trend.

lastly, if possible pls add a Multi TF setting

thanks again for yor help
Think this version is closer to what you are looking for and went ahead and added mtf.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, -L-, Jedidiah, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:14 am Think this version is closer to what you are looking for and went ahead and added mtf.
kvak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:10 am Can you test this version?

thanks Mrtools and kvak,

both versions work really well and the problem with the UP trend was fixed

will be putting this indicator to use.

by adding an oscillator and some tweaking of the settings to better filter the entrys I think this could be a really useful indicator

the settings in the picture are BB40/BB20 - Close price - 2.0 deviation
and the pairs of MA's are 30-50 and 100-200
Attachments
These users thanked the author -L- for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, kvak

ffsss wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:31 pm Hi, sorry to bother you again, but any idea why it freezes when choosing a different timeframe than the current one? (for example current chart 5M and indicator timeframe 1H)
Or is it just me?
Don't worry it's no bother I try to encourage people who are having issues with code to let me know. Just tried it in mtf mode and it was working for me but will go over the code again and see if there is something I missed. Thanks!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
DaveTrader, ffsss, Chickenspicy