Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Hello all,

New to the forum and a big thanks for all the info and contributions.
Hopefully someone can help with this.

Regarding the attached Kaufman moving average indicator below:

Would anybody have the time to add an adjustable ATR band option? At the minute the ATR deviation bands are 1 x ATR with no option to change. Is it possible to add an option for changing this setting so 1.1 through 2 x ATR options are available?

Thank you for the great content here.
Made this one, didn't have the code so please check if close to the same, result wise.

PS: If you would like to try the template used on our Daily Downloads, please see here: Kaufman Trend Bands settings template for MT4.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
Jimmy, rudiarius, camisa, vvFish, alexm, moey_dw, Jedidiah

Darks wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Try this and also you could set max bars in history to 5000 to speed up the terminal.
Hello dark,

Thank you for the the new version of the indicator.

Sorry for the late reply but i have been make some tests with your indicator, it acts in a peculiar way.

I run in the "strategy tester" in the visual mode, set to the option of every tick to test, with a high speed (31) and metatrader run just fine, CPU runs very low, place the indicator in a live windows and metatrader starts to freeze every 10 seconds or so, don't know if is a bug.

P.S.: I know in my last post I said the indicator runs fine in live, but I tested during the christmas days very few ticks in those days (I know a stupid mistake).

Again thank you for this version.

Demos4x wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:43 am

Hello dark,

Thank you for the the new version of the indicator.

Sorry for the late reply but i have been make some tests with your indicator, it acts in a peculiar way.

I run in the "strategy tester" in the visual mode, set to the option of every tick to test, with a high speed (31) and metatrader run just fine, CPU runs very low, place the indicator in a live windows and metatrader starts to freeze every 10 seconds or so, don't know if is a bug.

P.S.: I know in my last post I said the indicator runs fine in live, but I tested during the christmas days very few ticks in those days (I know a stupid mistake).

Again thank you for this version.
I just ran the indicator (old one which has no bar limit) on one minute chart for 15 min and still running. Not once did the terminal froze. Even before it never happened. The indicator code is so simple that it is simply using inbuilt meta trader custom indicators. So I don't understand what is causing this at your end. But still I would try rewriting the code to see if I can optimize it.

Anyone else has this issue?

mrtools wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 am Made this one, didn't have the code so please check if close to the same, result wise.
Thanks a lot for coding this one up for us Mrtools. Taking inspiration from Alexgrover's settings from Tradingview, his settings seem to work very well for trends on the 4H charts. Rangebound markets, not so much. But here is a template if you would like to try them.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
moey_dw, QSD, Kiwi, Rabi, SijjiN
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

erynade wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:25 pm Dear all currency miner,
i hope lucky and happy till end the word.

i'm silent reader, almost 1 month i read this post and until now still incomplete.

to Mr TOOL, may i get your hand to modify below indicator?

1. add vertical line BB stops (new format - histo) 1.3.mq4
2. size and code arrow average MACD - mtf & alerts+divergence.mq4
3. if possible pls create 1 indicator that read combine the vertical line become zone buy / sell, maybe it can be combine more 2 verticals line from any custom indicator. BB stops (new format - histo) 1.3.mq4 and ma cross histo (mtf +arrows + lines).ex4, the idea like picture idea.PNG
the idea create more space at screen so can minimize histogram window or future minimize graphical window and not confusing the trader to follow the trend or take open position.

i love u all moderators, coders, and currency miners :In Love:

apologize if bad writing

best regards
erynade

Added bb stop lines.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
Thangarasu, erynade, RomanUkraine, vvFish, 太虚一毫

chris006 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:32 pm Hello mrtools,

For the indicator bollinger bands (mtf + arrows + alerts).ex4 here: viewtopic.php?p=1295400299#p1295400299
a 2nd idea / suggestion:

Could you do a 4 color histo version (more or less like elders impulse histo) with the following parameters:
If close price is between the middle bollinger line and the upper bollinger line show color aqua.
If close price is between the middle bollinger line and the lower bollinger line show color magenta.
If close price is either below the lower bollinger line or above the upper bollinger line, show nothing.
But also show the arrows in the histogram as would be shown on the main chart window.

I hope it is clear as described.

Thanking you in advance,
Not able to get the gray part of the histo like your picture, also not sure if arrows will work like that on the histo.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
chris006, camisa, Jimmy, vvFish, 太虚一毫, braciola719, Jedidiah, Itsart3