Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Darks wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:36 am I remembered seeing an indicator named something like "inverse bands" on a forum. I couldn't find the indicator again as I searched but liked the idea the name was suggesting. So decided to build an indicator on that idea. The usage could be to identify trend and range or breakouts but should be used as a part of strategy not stand alone, I recommend.

PS: For the Candlestick Overlay, please see: Inverse Bollinger Bands Candlestick Overlay for MT4.
Stunning work bro, you've created one very beautiful set of codes for us. I love these :)
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
josi, Darks, Thangarasu, jt9696, pfxi, Mundu19, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Darks wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:36 am I remembered seeing an indicator named something like "inverse bands" on a forum. I couldn't find the indicator again as I searched but liked the idea the name was MT4[/url].
Hey, thanks for the share, I have copied this to my indicators folder but just can't seem to get it to list in MT4, i have Dl'ed another indicator to see if its a common issue and no problems there, any ideas? TIA
May the Pip$ be with you always....

Sappyjay wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:24 am

Hey, thanks for the share, I have copied this to my indicators folder but just can't seem to get it to list in MT4, i have Dl'ed another indicator to see if its a common issue and no problems there, any ideas? TIA
There is a cache file (.dat) in indicators folder. Delete it and refresh your navigator in MT4. It has worked for me in past I hope it helps.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post:
alexm

Darks wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:58 pm
There is a cache file (.dat) in indicators folder. Delete it and refresh your navigator in MT4. It has worked for me in past I hope it helps.
Some time ago I had the same problem. MrTools told me that one reason for this could be TOO MANY indicators in your folder.
To get rid of all the ones you don't use any more could be a solution. For me it has worked.

Darks wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:36 am I remembered seeing an indicator named something like "inverse bands" on a forum. I couldn't find the indicator again as I searched but liked the idea the name was suggesting. So decided to build an indicator on that idea. The usage could be to identify trend and range or breakouts but should be used as a part of strategy not stand alone, I recommend.

PS: For the Candlestick Overlay, please see: Inverse Bollinger Bands Candlestick Overlay for MT4.
That's what I love about this forum. Skilled Coders thinking outside the box. I can see a lot of potential in this Indicator. Thank you!
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 4):
Darks, ChuChu Rocket, Thangarasu, Jedidiah

Jimmy wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Stunning work bro, you've created one very beautiful set of codes for us. I love these :)
Hello Jimmy, could you share the template (it looks very good) :) and the indicators inside it. The indicator Inverse bollinger bands(Candles).ex4 download/file.php?id=3381464 viewtopic.php?p=1295424911#p1295424911 that is given above in the posts is different from yours. Thank you in advance.

Sappyjay wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:35 am @Josi @Darks, Thanks for your replies, there is no cache.dat file in my terminal folder and I dl'ed a different indicator and refreshed which showed up immediately so it seems its just this one for some reason, thought it might need a additional .DLL or something to work?
Are you sure there is no "mqlcache.dat" file in indicators folder?
These users thanked the author Darks for the post:
Sappyjay