Re: Metatrader Experiments Thread

Bollinger bands stops (new format)
It is not just a copy/paste to the new forum The way how multi time frame is treated is changed. Previous ("old") multi time frame mode used 2 extra instances of indicator when turned into multi time frame mode. This version (and all the future versions) uses only one extra instance which makes it lighter to the cpu and terminal. Other than that, this version is the version that includes :
simple moving averageexponential moving averagesmoothed moving averagelinear weighted moving averageusual set of alerts, multi time frame (as it is obvious from the above) and 7 types of display

PS: in order of setting up some kind of a standard, all the indicator examples are going to be posted using default parameters. If it is not so, it will be noted
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 4):
ChuChu Rocket, 太虚一毫, faulknertrader1, Jedidiah

mntiwana wrote:Dearest MLADEN
Thanks for investing new coding method and mtf ver.
regards
It is a bit lighter on the CPU and simplifies the code. In any case, even though mq seems to do anything to discourage us from using mt4, I think that as long there are active users of mt4, we should support them (with new code too)

Of course that we shall post mt5 code (as it comes), but we are not going to put restrictions to post only mt5 code - hence new ways of coding for mt4 too
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 2):
ChuChu Rocket, myrelax82

mladen wrote:
It is a bit lighter on the CPU and simplifies the code. In any case, even though mq seems to do anything to discourage us from using mt4, I think that as long there are active users of mt4, we should support them (with new code too)

Of course that we shall post mt5 code (as it comes), but we are not going to put restrictions to post only mt5 code - hence new ways of coding for mt4 too
Dearest mladen
All i know,END-USER is/are the most important assets for any and every products/services provider and as per my observation mt4 users are not going/willing to say goodbye for more few years.
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mladen wrote:

Dearest Mladen ....
I take the opportunity to congratulates you for all your offer ... and ... i wish you Good Health and Success ...
Regarding the MT4 and MT5 coming problem, it is a very big damage for all spend effort in research, analysis, indicators, Expert Advisors etc.etc. and will be a pity to through away the entire production ... my suggestion is to find a solution to make MT4 work even on MT5 ... one thinking is to have a tool that could make the translation of code to MT5, and the second could be a simulation or a bridge between them .... I really do not know the difficulties for such solutions and also if it is possible to achieve such solutions .....
Best Regards as always ...
Dimitri

Krelian99 wrote:The stuff you only have as .ex4 file will be waste. That's bad. A downward compatibility would be nice, but there will be no such thing, I'm sure.
I haven't tried the code translation tools yet, because saving stuff before the TSD-termination has detained me.
Tobi
  I suppose,MLADEN is preparing/going to present an astonishing surprise to all of you about one of his unique invention very soon that don't exist in the world before ..... so some of traders questions answered the way.
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.