Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 am
pacois wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:36 am
string percent_method = input(
defval="MANUAL",
title=percent_method_description,
options=[
"MANUAL",
"ATR005 * X", "ATR010 * X", "ATR020 * X", "ATR050 * X", "ATR100 * X", "ATR250 * X"
]
)

var float percent = input(defval=0.25, title=percent_description, minval=0.0, maxval=99.0) / 100
float percent_multiplier = input(defval=1.0, title=percent_multiplier_description)
if percent_method == "ATR005 * X"
percent := atr(005) / open * percent_multiplier
if percent_method == "ATR010 * X"
percent := atr(010) / open * percent_multiplier
if percent_method == "ATR020 * X"
percent := atr(020) / open * percent_multiplier
if percent_method == "ATR050 * X"
percent := atr(050) / open * percent_multiplier
if percent_method == "ATR100 * X"
percent := atr(100) / open * percent_multiplier
if percent_method == "ATR250 * X"
percent := atr(250) / open * percent_multiplier

So it in essence a an ATR multiplier line? Simply take the ATR period and divide it by the open then multiple that sum by my 1.5 multiplier?
Hi, this is a part of the code of the link you sent, which I think concerns the atr, but I can't convert to mt4, maybe MrTool can certainly understand more.
The perfect indicatoris our head ...

Too many indicators confuse the head

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

pacois wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 am
BambinoFlex wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 am

So it in essence a an ATR multiplier line? Simply take the ATR period and divide it by the open then multiple that sum by my 1.5 multiplier?
Hi, this is a part of the code of the link you sent, which I think concerns the atr, but I can't convert to mt4, maybe MrTool can certainly understand more.
Okay thank you for your help. I wish I could communicate better but maybe this would make sense to someone who understands it

BambinoFlex wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:49 am
pacois wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 am

Okay thank you for your help. I wish I could communicate better but maybe this would make sense to someone who understands it
Have patience, slowly you will be able to make yourself understood, as you wish
The perfect indicatoris our head ...

Too many indicators confuse the head

Hi mladen

Would it be possible to add the Heiken ashi (better formula) prices to the Wave trend oscillator 1.5? I sent this request as a DM, but doesn’t show that it was sent. I apologize if I am breaking protocol by this request.

Best,

Chris

BambinoFlex wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:50 pm
Mr. Tools,

Great indicators that you've created. I'm looking for an ATR Percent based step/regular moving average. Theres one on trading view, I'm only wanting the "R" output:

https://www.tradingview.com/v/seTYoI2K/

My main objective is to use it as a moving average with a 1.5 ATR multiplier. In essence it places a "pivot" line based on the 1.5 ATR Percent difference. It doesn't lag, and it places the next volume one candle in advance but its not much use until the current candle closes because it moves as the current bar moves, either up or down.

Let me know if it's possible for mt4.

Thanks,

Jorge A

Hi - I think you are confused about what you are asking for. A moving average with ATR multipliers, is as you say - moving. The result you will get from that will be ATR Channels which you say you have searched for but aren’t what you are looking for.

Looking at the link in your post, it suggests some sort of forward fixed line projection of an ATR multiple off a zig-zag point which are typically formed by fractals and depending on the indicator, some more calculations. So it’s more of a levels calculation from a given point in time/price. If that is what you are looking for then you could easily doctor an auto-fib indicator to give you ATR levels instead.

In short, if you are looking for a straight line horizontal projection from a moving average, then I can’t see how that can be produced (or why).

rogerha wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am
BambinoFlex wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:50 pm
Mr. Tools,

Great indicators that you've created. I'm looking for an ATR Percent based step/regular moving average. Theres one on trading view, I'm only wanting the "R" output:

https://www.tradingview.com/v/seTYoI2K/

My main objective is to use it as a moving average with a 1.5 ATR multiplier. In essence it places a "pivot" line based on the 1.5 ATR Percent difference. It doesn't lag, and it places the next volume one candle in advance but its not much use until the current candle closes because it moves as the current bar moves, either up or down.

Let me know if it's possible for mt4.

Thanks,

Jorge A

Hi - I think you are confused about what you are asking for. A moving average with ATR multipliers, is as you say - moving. The result you will get from that will be ATR Channels which you say you have searched for but aren’t what you are looking for.

Looking at the link in your post, it suggests some sort of forward fixed line projection of an ATR multiple off a zig-zag point which are typically formed by fractals and depending on the indicator, some more calculations. So it’s more of a levels calculation from a given point in time/price. If that is what you are looking for then you could easily doctor an auto-fib indicator to give you ATR levels instead.

In short, if you are looking for a straight line horizontal projection from a moving average, then I can’t see how that can be produced (or why).

Awesome! I think you’re right. Yes, the ATR channels is not what I’m looking for but you interpretation is spot on. It’s a levels calculation based on ATR. So my search should be for auto fib indicator (I’ve seen a couple) with ATR as it’s source and play with the buffers to show me what I’m looking for correct?

After reading your post about five more times I understand it now. Yeah, the atr value isn't from the bar itself, its from that zig-zag point. That makes perfect sense. Thank you for interpreting that and putting it in simpler terms.

BambinoFlex wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 am
rogerha wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am

Awesome! I think you’re right. Yes, the ATR channels is not what I’m looking for but you interpretation is spot on. It’s a levels calculation based on ATR. So my search should be for auto fib indicator (I’ve seen a couple) with ATR as it’s source and play with the buffers to show me what I’m looking for correct?

After reading your post about five more times I understand it now. Yeah, the atr value isn't from the bar itself, its from that zig-zag point. That makes perfect sense. Thank you for interpreting that and putting it in simpler terms.
If that it was you want, I think it may be in existence already. Do a wider search for ATR Projections from Zig Zag and you might get closer to your goal. Good luck.

rogerha wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:31 am
BambinoFlex wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 am

If that it was you want, I think it may be in existence already. Do a wider search for ATR Projections from Zig Zag and you might get closer to your goal. Good luck.
Thank you again man, really appreciate the help. I already found an Auto Fib that does the similar item. I'll continue searching for an ATR based one.

Naughty 77 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:42 pm
Dear Mr Tools

Would you kindly be able to add the set of averages list to the following DPO indicator for me, im hoping it can be done and an ex4 file made,would be great

Best regards

Naughty 77
Are you wanting to replace the t3 with the averages or add the averages to the bands?

1. Similar Topics

1. Requests & Ideas (MT5)

74 Replies 9412 Views

by mntiwana, Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:28 am in MT5 Indicators

74 Replies
    2. 6 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”