Re: No Nonsense Forex - Indicators

tradd wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:22 am Hi Centaur

Alphatrend is a popular Tv indicator. It' s a deriative of Trend Magic indicator. Would do a MT5 verison?

https://www.tradingview.com/script/o50NYLAZ-AlphaTrend/
Sure will do

Alpha Trend

Converted Tradingview indicator, more info: https://www.tradingview.com/script/o50NYLAZ-AlphaTrend/
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post (total 6):
thomdel, tradd, xpf2003, pipsquirrel, pfxi, kvak

Centaur wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:31 pm Modified Explosion Indicator

This indicator is based on Waddah Attar's original indicator. I only incorporated a dynamic dead zone line based on the ATR times a factor of 3.7. I've also included a smoothing of the trend histogram using linear regression to a period of 8 (period is not adjustable, due to the increase of lag if this value is increased), to prevent sudden moves above and or below the explosion line / dead zone line.

For those not familiar with Waddah Attar's explosion indicator: the trend histogram is literally a histogram of a MACD where values below zero is made positive. A MACD is the difference between a fast exponential moving average and a slow exponential moving average. The explosion line is the difference between the upper Bollinger band and lower Bollinger band, and finally the dead zone line represent volatility in the form of an ATR calculation set to a period of 100 (not adjustable).

Possible future work: Applying standard deviation directly to price is fundamentally incorrect (foundation of a Bollinger Bands calculation). The reason is that price do not have a Gaussian probability density function (Gaussian / Normal PDF). Hence one need to transform price to a near Gaussian PDF before the application of a standard deviation. Work done by John F. Ehlers (Fisher Transform).

NNFX traders can use this indicator as a VOLUME indicator or EXIT indicator.
Appreciate if you could elaborate how you use this as exit?

xpf2003 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:54 am Appreciate if you could elaborate how you use this as exit?
Depends on how you optimize the indicator parameters to the timeframe you are using. If you optimize for max win rate it acts as a entry, confirmation or volume indicator. If you optimize for max profit it acts as an exit indicator.

My personal preference is to use a non directional indicator for volume
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post:
xpf2003

Ogee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:30 pm I think honje was just drawing attention to the general rule of newbies contributing before making requests, English is not first language of many posters and sometimes doesn't go through google translate very well.
how do you use renko arrows?
i have wpr obos is that what you use?
Attachments
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters