Re: No Nonsense Forex - Indicators

rambo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:10 am Hello Centaur, i tried finding an mq4l file, but nobody seem to have it :/

Could u do me favour and convert this MT5 indicator into MT4, it's a great confirmation & volume tool and i wanna test it on my mt4 algorithm

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/22976

Thanks!
Posted a version here trend direction and force
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, rambo

mrtools wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:31 am Posted a version here trend direction and force
Thank you!

Also do u have a mt4 version of this SSL? i really like the fact that i can change the methods 'simple, smoothed, exponential, & linear weighed' on this indicator

and the SSL i currently have on mt4 doesn't allow me to do this.

Regards Rambo

Adaptive Relative Strength Index (ARSI)

ARSI (Adaptive Relative Strength Index) is another useful indicator. It smooths the market noises and shows the market trends more clearly. To achieve the goals, the indicator filters out the market fluctuations (noises) by averaging the price values of the periods, over which it is calculated.
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

If you enjoy my work please hit the like button, to show some support.
All comments, criticism, advise or general ideas are more than welcome. In fact its crucial to have a continues learning / developing mechanism not just for me but all fellow market enthusiasts.

Strength Oscillator

Not knowing when a market will trend is the greatest problem for analyst.

Based on the idea that the trend component is stronger when price is father from fair value, and noise (sideways movement) is greater when price is near value, an oscillator can be created to show the strength of the trend component based on this concept.

As the trend increases, the average change in prices becomes larger relative to the high minus the low range for the day.

During an unusual period, when the market gaps open, it would be possible for the difference in prices to become larger than the daily range.

In a sideways market both the change in the prices and daily range will get smaller, but the net price change over a period should be close to zero.

Zero line cross indicator perfect as a C1 or C2 or perhaps and exit indicator.

The oscillator can be smoothed by increasing the signal period, however this introduces some minimal lag in the signal.

An alternative way would be to smooth the output of the indicator with a least squares moving average of about 8 periods.
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post:
Mickey Abi
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

If you enjoy my work please hit the like button, to show some support.
All comments, criticism, advise or general ideas are more than welcome. In fact its crucial to have a continues learning / developing mechanism not just for me but all fellow market enthusiasts.