DownloadRe: MT5 Rsi indicators

mrtools wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:13 pm Can't think of many coders who have taken the Laguerre as far as Mladen Rakic has.

From Mladen:

Basics:

The Laguerre RSI indicator created by John F. Ehlers is described in his book "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures".

This version:

Instead of using fixed periods for Laguerre RSI calculation it is using ATR (average True Range) adapting method to adjust the calculation period. It makes the RSI more responsive in some periods (periods of high volatility), and smoother in order periods (periods of low volatility). Also this version adds an option to have smoothed values. The smoothing method used is adding minimal lag and does not affect too much the result, but helps in making less signals, which will reduce false signals as a result.

Also this version is using dynamic levels instead of using fixed levels. At a first glance it seemed that Laguerre RSI is not a "good candidate" for dynamic levels way (dynamic levels are best performing when the changes are not sudden as they are in Laguerre RSI), but the produced result is good, and seems to be beating the fixed level approach, hence here it is.

Usage:

You can use it (in combination with adjustable levels) for signals when color of the Laguerre RSI changes.
Dear mrtools,

could you make a combination for Stock RSI + Stock MACD + Stock MA with their value settings on one chart like on mobile version below?
thanks sir
Attachments

Re: MT5 Rsi indicators

Mladen Rakic:

Theory:

This indicator is constructing RSI candles from RSI of open, high, low and close. Those same values are then used to calculate the ATR (Average True Range) of such RSI values (instead of using high, low and close, the indicator is using RSI high, RSI low and RSI close for "ATR" calculation) and then that value is used to display a Keltner channel of such RSI candles (average price used for Keltner middle value is the average of RSI high, low, open and close).

Usage:

You can use the breaks of the "Keltner channel" as an indicator of short term volatility / momentum estimate (since RSI itself is from the family of momentum indicators).

These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
TransparentTrader, RodrigoRT7, Krunal Gajjar, kvak, Ricstar_8, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:10 am Mladen Rakic:

Theory:

This indicator is constructing RSI candles from RSI of open, high, low and close. Those same values are then used to calculate the ATR (Average True Range) of such RSI values (instead of using high, low and close, the indicator is using RSI high, RSI low and RSI close for "ATR" calculation) and then that value is used to display a Keltner channel of such RSI candles (average price used for Keltner middle value is the average of RSI high, low, open and close).

Usage:

You can use the breaks of the "Keltner channel" as an indicator of short term volatility / momentum estimate (since RSI itself is from the family of momentum indicators).

Is there any chance this can be ported to MT4?
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
mrtools

mrtools wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:26 am Alerts added.
Hello, mrtools. Could you make this indicator available with the arrows being buffers 0 and 1? I use a connector in MT5 that reads the buffers and sends the signals to Deriv, the broker I use. Buffer 0 is a buy signal, while buffer 1 is a sell signal. The problem is that they need to be 0 and 1, as in the image, otherwise I don't get any signals. I tried to do something similar using EABuilder, since I'm not a programmer, and it worked, but it reads a lot of false signals, mainly false crosses between 70/30, nothing as good or close to your indicator. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this. Sincerely.

antr4z wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:10 pm Hello, mrtools. Could you make this indicator available with the arrows being buffers 0 and 1? I use a connector in MT5 that reads the buffers and sends the signals to Deriv, the broker I use. Buffer 0 is a buy signal, while buffer 1 is a sell signal. The problem is that they need to be 0 and 1, as in the image, otherwise I don't get any signals. I tried to do something similar using EABuilder, since I'm not a programmer, and it worked, but it reads a lot of false signals, mainly false crosses between 70/30, nothing as good or close to your indicator. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this. Sincerely.
Don't have the code anymore but far as I remember the arrows are based on the histogram colors which are 0 and 1.

if (TrnBuffer[i] == 1 && RsiBuffer[i] > 60) { FltBuffer[i] = 1; ClrBuffer[i] = 0; }
if (TrnBuffer[i] == -1 && RsiBuffer[i] < 40) { FltBuffer[i] = -1; ClrBuffer[i] = 1; }

Far as I'm aware the ClrBuffer is what is coloring the arrows, alerts, and histogram.