Re: MT5 Rsi indicators

mrtools wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:53 am Made a mt5 version.
Dear MrTools, I seem to have an issue with this indicator. When I load this indicator on a chart, it works perfectly fine. I have loaded it on several charts without any issues. But when I call it from an EA, the performance of the EA in the backtest is very slow. Initially, I thought this was an MT4 issue hence I asked for an MT5 version hoping it will work fine in MT5. But I have exact same performance issue in MT5.

Any idea what could be causing this?

xpf2003 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:06 am Dear MrTools, I seem to have an issue with this indicator. When I load this indicator on a chart, it works perfectly fine. I have loaded it on several charts without any issues. But when I call it from an EA, the performance of the EA in the backtest is very slow. Initially, I thought this was an MT4 issue hence I asked for an MT5 version hoping it will work fine in MT5. But I have exact same performance issue in MT5.

Any idea what could be causing this?
No, would just be guessing, made the indicator as light as I could, so have no idea, sorry!

Mallor wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:38 am Hi all, anyone have Laguerre RSI for MT5 with alerts? and can share.
Have this version from Mladen, but it doesn't have alerts, under what conditions do you want it to alert?

His explanation:

Basics:

The Laguerre RSI indicator created by John F. Ehlers is described in his book "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures". It's a responsive RSI successor constructed using only 4 bars of data, but compared to the regular RSI it has way less noise (whipsaws) considering its fast reaction speed.

The gamma value determines how aggressive or conservative does it get; for example, a value like 0.80 is considered conservative whereas the value of 0.5 will be more reactive but more prone to whipsaws.

This version:

Instead of using gamma parameter (which is rather "cryptic") this version is using what is common in most similar indicators: the period. The period can be fractional; (ie: it does not need to be integer value). Also, in order to filter out some false signals, Laguerre filter is added for RSI smoothing. To turn of the smoothing, simply set the filter period to less than or equal to 1

Usage:

You can use it (in combination with adjustable levels) for signals when color of the Laguerre RSI changes
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, vvFish, XystopFX

mrtools wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:10 pm Have this version from Mladen, but it doesn't have alerts, under what conditions do you want it to alert?

His explanation:

Basics:

The Laguerre RSI indicator created by John F. Ehlers is described in his book "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures". It's a responsive RSI successor constructed using only 4 bars of data, but compared to the regular RSI it has way less noise (whipsaws) considering its fast reaction speed.

The gamma value determines how aggressive or conservative does it get; for example, a value like 0.80 is considered conservative whereas the value of 0.5 will be more reactive but more prone to whipsaws.

This version:

Instead of using gamma parameter (which is rather "cryptic") this version is using what is common in most similar indicators: the period. The period can be fractional; (ie: it does not need to be integer value). Also, in order to filter out some false signals, Laguerre filter is added for RSI smoothing. To turn of the smoothing, simply set the filter period to less than or equal to 1

Usage:

You can use it (in combination with adjustable levels) for signals when color of the Laguerre RSI changes
Compliments Mr. Tools. it will be nice have it on a Muti Time Frame (MTF) and the alerts at the default levels (0.85 and 0.15 and if possible at 0.50) or where it changes colour, with alerts at open bar..True/False. I have taken a look at its reaction at most support and resistance levels. that will really be a great addition.
Thank you in advance.
Attachments

XystopFX wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:08 pm Compliments Mr. Tools. it will be nice have it on a Muti Time Frame (MTF) and the alerts at the default levels (0.85 and 0.15 and if possible at 0.50) or where it changes colour, with alerts at open bar..True/False. I have taken a look at its reaction at most support and resistance levels. that will really be a great addition.
Thank you in advance.
XystopFX, added mtf and alerts, waiting for the market to open to verify the mtf works, will post it then.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
XystopFX

XystopFX wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:08 pm Compliments Mr. Tools. it will be nice have it on a Muti Time Frame (MTF) and the alerts at the default levels (0.85 and 0.15 and if possible at 0.50) or where it changes colour, with alerts at open bar..True/False. I have taken a look at its reaction at most support and resistance levels. that will really be a great addition.
Thank you in advance.
Good thing I waited had some errors hopefully got them all in this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
XystopFX, 太虚一毫, Milad8732

DownloadRe: MT5 Rsi indicators

Dear mrtools,

I have a Linear Smoothed RSI indicator for MT4. Would it be possible if you have the time to maybe convert it to MT5 ? The source code is below

Thank you in advance

Code: Select all

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                          Linear Smoothed RSI.mq4 |
#property strict
#property indicator_separate_window
#property  indicator_buffers 3
#property  indicator_color1  Lime
#property  indicator_color2  Red
#property  indicator_width1  1
#property  indicator_width2  1
#property  indicator_style1  STYLE_SOLID
#property  indicator_style2  STYLE_SOLID

//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
extern int RSI = 2;
extern int Main_Period = 6;
extern int Signal_Period = 3;
extern ENUM_MA_METHOD Main_Method = MODE_LWMA;
extern ENUM_MA_METHOD Signal_Method = MODE_LWMA;
extern int Shift = 1;
//--------------------------------------------------------------------
double Strength[];
double Main[];
double Signal[];
int init()
  {
   SetIndexBuffer(0,Main); SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_LINE); SetIndexLabel(0, "Main");
   SetIndexBuffer(1,Signal); SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_LINE); SetIndexLabel(1,"Signal");
   SetIndexBuffer(2,Strength); SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_NONE);
//------
   SetIndexShift(1,Shift);
//------
   IndicatorShortName("Linear Smoothed RSI");
   return(0);
   }
int start()
{

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
   int i,limit;

if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);
   if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
         limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

for (i=limit; i>=0; i--)
       {
         Strength[i] = iRSI(NULL, 0, RSI, PRICE_CLOSE, i);
         Main[i] = iMAOnArray(Strength, 0, Main_Period, 0, Main_Method, i);
         Signal[i] = iMAOnArray(Main, 0, Signal_Period, Shift, Signal_Method, i);
         }
   return(0);

}

Can't think of many coders who have taken the Laguerre as far as Mladen Rakic has.

From Mladen:

Basics:

The Laguerre RSI indicator created by John F. Ehlers is described in his book "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures".

This version:

Instead of using fixed periods for Laguerre RSI calculation it is using ATR (average True Range) adapting method to adjust the calculation period. It makes the RSI more responsive in some periods (periods of high volatility), and smoother in order periods (periods of low volatility). Also this version adds an option to have smoothed values. The smoothing method used is adding minimal lag and does not affect too much the result, but helps in making less signals, which will reduce false signals as a result.

Also this version is using dynamic levels instead of using fixed levels. At a first glance it seemed that Laguerre RSI is not a "good candidate" for dynamic levels way (dynamic levels are best performing when the changes are not sudden as they are in Laguerre RSI), but the produced result is good, and seems to be beating the fixed level approach, hence here it is.

Usage:

You can use it (in combination with adjustable levels) for signals when color of the Laguerre RSI changes.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
太虚一毫, Gethsemane, dienone, kvak, ionone, Woodyz, RodrigoRT7