Re: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

can a pro convert this mt4 indicator
https://ovo.cz/products/free-mt4-utilities/sync-scroll/
OVO doesn't provide the source but it should not be a complicated indicator and it is so useful on the daily basis that I think it's worth looking at by a pro.
All the indicator does is synchronize the charts and allowing to scroll by disabling ''Chart Shift Switch'' when the mouse wheel is scrolled.
It 's really a simple indicator and improves MT4 a lot.
Scrolling the chart by both the mouse and the keyboard (arrows, Pg keys, Home/End, F12) automatically locks and unlocks the chart Auto Shift switch.

I would really like someone's help with this because I am at my wits end. I tried to convert an indicator to MT5 from MT4 and have been having major issues with resource usage. The indicator extends a manually drawn rectangle to the right edge of the chart. I use this for supply and demand type trading.

The indicator works as it should when the function is called OnCalculate but when there are a lot of rectangles on the chart, the indicator can slow the chart to a crawl. Just this week I was trading CPI and the price line separated from the candle by 40 pips lol. As soon as I took the indicator off, everything returned to normal.

So I tried adding an OnTimer to call the function during a 5 second interval. That worked but as soon as I took the indicator off the chart and then put it back on, it was no longer extending the rectangles.

I have no idea where to go with this now. The indicator works perfectly fine on MT4 even with loads of rectangles on the chart. So I'm not sure why multi-threaded MT5 can't handle one instance of this.

I have attached three versions of the indicator. One is the original MT4 code, The second is the MT5 version resource hogging one. And the third is the OnTimer version where I tried to avoid the evil OnCalculate function lol.

Anyways, any guidance on how to solve the resource issue as well as get the indicator to function correctly without using OnCalculate would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Koalala wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:46 pm can a pro convert this mt4 indicator
https://ovo.cz/products/free-mt4-utilities/sync-scroll/
OVO doesn't provide the source but it should not be a complicated indicator and it is so useful on the daily basis that I think it's worth looking at by a pro.
All the indicator does is synchronize the charts and allowing to scroll by disabling ''Chart Shift Switch'' when the mouse wheel is scrolled.
It 's really a simple indicator and improves MT4 a lot.
I know of a script that can do this. Attached is the MT4 and MT5 version.
Put the Include folder in the Scripts folder along with the script.
These users thanked the author trade3925 for the post:
Chickenspicy