MT4 consumes more CPU-LoadPower after latest May-Win10 updates?!?

Hello

I am running 2 Intel NUCs 24/7 to forward testing different stategies with some MT4 instances running at same time. basically i had no issues for ages. I know how to change numbers of bars on history and/or charts in settings to avoid any slowdowns, also i reboot both NUCs sometimes to clear cache ....

Since start of May when WIN10 updates came out, i noticed on both NUCs that basically the CPU-load is higher than before, approx. 10-20% more.
therefore i had to close some open MT4 instance to avoid CPU running almost straight with 100% load in open markets times (before the WIN10 updates this happend rare and only in very heavy price actions on markets..)

as I said before reduce bars in history and/or on charts in settings does not help....
Who have the same issue or is it only on my side?
Thanks
no Risk, no Fun :mrgreen:

Re: MT4 consumes more CPU-LoadPower after latest May-Win10 updates?!?

FXchaos wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:14 pm Hello

I am running 2 Intel NUCs 24/7 to forward testing different stategies with some MT4 instances running at same time. basically i had no issues for ages. I know how to change numbers of bars on history and/or charts in settings to avoid any slowdowns, also i reboot both NUCs sometimes to clear cache ....

Since start of May when WIN10 updates came out, i noticed on both NUCs that basically the CPU-load is higher than before, approx. 10-20% more.
therefore i had to close some open MT4 instance to avoid CPU running almost straight with 100% load in open markets times (before the WIN10 updates this happend rare and only in very heavy price actions on markets..)

as I said before reduce bars in history and/or on charts in settings does not help....
Who have the same issue or is it only on my side?
Thanks
So maybe nothing has changed on mt4 but on the windows update. See what programs are using cpu and memory.

Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up Task Manager and check what is using most CPU.

Also consider shutting down all the background apps that sit there running in case you might want them but usually never do (just means they take a bit longer to start up if you do activate one).

Settings > Privacy > Background apps.

Re: MT4 consumes more CPU-LoadPower after latest May-Win10 updates?!?

Ogee wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:27 pm So maybe nothing has changed on mt4 but on the windows update. See what programs are using cpu and memory.

Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up Task Manager and check what is using most CPU.

Also consider shutting down all the background apps that sit there running in case you might want them but usually never do (just means they take a bit longer to start up if you do activate one).

Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
Hi Ogee

yes, task manager i run always to identify any unwanted background app... anyway all is looking good...
so looks like it is just an issue on my setup ....somehow.. thanks
no Risk, no Fun :mrgreen: