Re: MT4 no longer starts

MaxTorque wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:10 pm thank all you for your help.

unfortunately I couldn't solve the problem.

Since the Metatrader cannot be opened at all, of course I cannot get to the files either.

The detour via Explorer and then right-clicking to open the file folder didn't help either, because the files stored there are practically empty.

I need a way to get to the stored files without opening Metatrader. Are there any resourceful programmers here who could help me?

Thank you and Greetings
I ask you to answer:
1. What is your operating system?
2. Have you changed your security settings?

Ogee wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:40 pm Just a point, when you say you found nothing did you get into the apps data - terminal folder? Just that you need to unhide the folders first to see them.
Thank you for your message.
Can you describe to me in more detail ?
What exactly do you mean by "did you get into the apps data - terminal folder?"

Thank you

MagnifyRe: MT4 no longer starts

MaxTorque wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:20 pm Thank you for your message.
Can you describe to me in more detail ?
What exactly do you mean by "did you get into the apps data - terminal folder?"

Thank you
Was just pointing out that the 'AppData' folder and subsequent folders are (by default) "hidden" so unless you have "unhidden" them you would not see them. Apologies if you are already aware of this.

Control panel > Appearance and Personalisation > 'Show hidden files, folders and drives' > check.

Then;

This PC > Windows (C:) > Users > (your pc name) > AppData > Roaming > MetaQuotes > Terminal > (random folder name with letters/numbers) > MQL4

The MQL4 folder should contain all your templates and indicators.

If you think the non-restart was caused by an indicator you just loaded then delete the ex4 and if has the mq4 files from the MQL4 Indicators folder and try to restart MT4 again.

If that doesn't work make a copy the MQL4 folder so you can reinstall it if you need to do a complete reinstall of MT4.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket

Ogee wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:23 am Was just pointing out that the 'AppData' folder and subsequent folders are (by default) "hidden" so unless you have "unhidden" them you would not see them.
Bingo. I forgot about that and should have noted this in my post.

Yes, like Ogee said, the AppData folder is hidden by Windows by default :thumbup:

Once you "unhide" them using the instructions in his post, you'll find the folder for sure :)

Control panel > Appearance and Personalisation > 'Show hidden files, folders and drives' > check.
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

MaxTorque wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:33 pm 1. I use Windows 10 Pro
2. No, I havent change. I only removed all restrictions for this app in Kaspersky after the app could not be started. But that didn't help either.
1. I recommend that you change your Kaspersky Anti-Virus to another one. But the problem is not in Kaspersky.
2. Follow the route:
Start -> Settings-->Update and Security -> Device Security -> Kernel(core) Isolation.
Click Kernel(Core) Isolation Details.
You will see an On / Off switch.
The switch must be in the "off" position.
3. Restart your computer.

MaxTorque wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:35 am Hello Ogee,

WOW, many thank´s for your greatful help.

I´v found the files with indicators and templates. All is there !!

Thank you very much.

Best regards

MaxTorque

P.S. All they have answer to my question, thank you very much for our efforts !!
WOOHOO!!!

Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈