A question about live data feed connection from MT5 to MT4

I have a small technical question. I am worrying if MT4 is no longer supported by brokers in the future. I have no intention to migrate to MT5 mainly because some indicators I like don't have source code available and I don't expect I can find MT5 versions of those indicators. I want to use MT4 'FOREVER'. So, if MT4 is no longer supported by brokers, can I connect trade data feed from live MT5 (or any other broker trade systems) to offline MT4 using some kind of software, EA, API or whatever? As long as my MT4 charts work (slight delay is ok), that would work to me. :geek:
Thanks!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

LikeRe: A question about live data feed connection from MT5 to MT4

heispark wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm I have a small technical question.
J, of course it is possible and I would be in the same boat as you.

Some people are using a bridge from MT5 to MT4 already but there is reports of latency and slippage of up to 15 seconds.

We're still a long way from the shutdown of MT4 though, so I wouldn't worry too much for now but when it does happen we can all adapt, right? Convert the best indicators over and work with it. And for those like you and me who want to stay with MT4, there will be better bridges and feeds built.

I will look into this a bit more and report back. Perhaps we can also get our expert's opinions about this too like Mrtools, Pac or even Mladen if he is free hopefully can chime in.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
FXchaos, heispark
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: A question about live data feed connection from MT5 to MT4

Jimmy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 pm

J, of course it is possible and I would be in the same boat as you.

Some people are using a bridge from MT5 to MT4 already but there is reports of latency and slippage of up to 15 seconds.

We're still a long way from the shutdown of MT4 though, so I wouldn't worry too much for now but when it does happen we can all adapt, right? Convert the best indicators over and work with it. And for those like you and me who want to stay with MT4, there will be better bridges and feeds built.

I will look into this a bit more and report back. Perhaps we can also get our expert's opinions about this too like Mrtools, Pac or even Mladen if he is free hopefully can chime in.
Thank you very much Jimmy. It's good to know you're also on my side..... :) :thumbup:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Re: A question about live data feed connection from MT5 to MT4

heispark wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm I have a small technical question. I am worrying if MT4 is no longer supported by brokers in the future. I have no intention to migrate to MT5 mainly because some indicators I like don't have source code available and I don't expect I can find MT5 versions of those indicators. I want to use MT4 'FOREVER'. So, if MT4 is no longer supported by brokers, can I connect trade data feed from live MT5 (or any other broker trade systems) to offline MT4 using some kind of software, EA, API or whatever? As long as my MT4 charts work (slight delay is ok), that would work to me. :geek:
Thanks!
More specifically this part "and I don't expect I can find MT5 versions of those indicators"
which indicator/s can not be find and re coded for mt5
the fact you guys misinterpreting,mt5 terminal itself is far far best in many ways,just you habitual not to pay penny to coders