Re: Fix: MT4 keeps closing or crashing after loading

Thanks for the update. I already reinstalled them (3 MT4 chart platforms) twice yesterday before sending in those questions. Without the internet connection they work swiftly but once they are connected, they just slow down drastically as if they've been overloaded or something like that. I'm pulling my hair off now...cos with this problem I won't be able to trade until it's rectified. Heck!!!
These users thanked the author Reverent for the post:
Chickenspicy

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:38 pm Thanks for the update. I already reinstalled them (3 MT4 chart platforms) twice yesterday before sending in those questions. Without the internet connection they work swiftly but once they are connected, they just slow down drastically as if they've been overloaded or something like that. I'm pulling my hair off now...cos with this problem I won't be able to trade until it's rectified. Heck!!!
then its your internet upgrade to spectrum while they suck your pockets dry mate like in us
lol i dont know what to tell you its a computer/internet issue ask customer service for your internet or pc
we gave all the advice there is for mt4
dont lose hope lad, you will find a way, take your mind off of it for a while dont let it consume your emotions
no enemy witin no enemy ousid can do no hahm
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
Reverent
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:42 pm Oh probably I didn't state it clearly from the beginning. My MT4 platform doesn't shut down. They hang/freeze for a long time when I connect to the internet but when I switch off the internet connection it works fast like it used to. I have the charts installed on my laptop and they all perform the same way when connected to the internet. Please I need all the help I can get.

Open Data folder and once it’s open close MT4. Then on the Data folder go to profiles then open all the 5 folders one by one. Delete everything inside the folders especially the “order.wnd” files. Other folders might be empty except the “Default” folder and in that case just delete everything in this folder and restart MT4
Attachments
These users thanked the author Flash for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Reverent

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:38 pm Thanks for the update. I already reinstalled them (3 MT4 chart platforms) twice yesterday before sending in those questions. Without the internet connection they work swiftly but once they are connected, they just slow down drastically as if they've been overloaded or something like that. I'm pulling my hair off now...cos with this problem I won't be able to trade until it's rectified. Heck!!!
sorry for late reply, I'm having big problems uploading to the FS site today'

Slowing down means something is using all the resources

Hold Ctrl and Shift and press Esc when running slow and see if MT4 is using too much CPU and memory.

Do you mean you have 3 MT4s installed or just 3 charts? If former delete one by one and check memory usage after each.

though mt4 is downloaded onto your computer it still needs an internet connection to received a brokers data feed otherwise you only have old historic data.

If it hangs it might be just searching for that fresh feed, either way it can't function properly without an internet connection.

Click File > open an account and check if you are hooked up to a broker live or demo or to Metaquotes demo.

If you downloaded from a broker it should has set up automatically, if not you may need to reinstall mt4 from your downloads folder or start again from the brokers web site.

If you have any custom indicators you downloaded save them before deleting or reinstalling mt4 as said in last post.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Reverent

Flash wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:55 pm Open Data folder and once it’s open close MT4. Then on the Data folder go to profiles then open all the 5 folders one by one. Delete everything inside the folders especially the “order.wnd” files. Other folders might be empty except the “Default” folder and in that case just delete everything in this folder and restart MT4

Hey Guys,

I have some good news. I think this method worked. I deleted all the currency folders inside Profile (I don't ever need them anyways), but in the Default folder, I deleted everything (including "order.wnd" file) but left the folder. And it's now working as it used to. I repeated same for the remaining two MT4 charts and the results are awesome. I'll be opening multiple currency pair charts from my currency list and see how it goes. But just for information purposes, why is it that just a little file (order.wnd) could cause such a big headache for three good days, I wasn't able to trade because of this freaking little file, heck!

Thanks so much guys for every member who contributed. I'm forever grateful.
These users thanked the author Reverent for the post:
Flash

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:12 am Oh, I see...thanks for the update, bruh...I guess I'll have to manage my freezing MT4 chart as it is. Maybe it'll pick up speed later like it used to, hmm...
MT4 is old and has limited resources, if it's freezing up something is overloading it, a bad indicator, too many indicators in the nav panel, too many bars in history etc.

See the first 15 min of this video;

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Chickenspicy