Total votes: 6 (20%)
Worse than mt4
Total votes: 19 (63%)
Same as mt4
Total votes: 5 (17%)
Total votes: 30

Re: questions to one of the former fs-chiefs

Krelian99 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:28 pm

I ever had a dual-boot for Linux Mint 8 Helena and Win7. I fell instantly in love with Helena. Good looking, smart and funny (older Helena users still know the deer in the terminal - something like Clippy/Karl Klammer, but in cool). A virtual machine? I ran one in Win7 for Helena :D I would appreciate MT4/5 or cTrader in Linux, but there is no hope. Yes, you could emulate it with Wine or whatever, but I never made the step. A remote-PC do it as well.

Every 2-3 years you should reinstall your windows. Then it is "fast and clean" again, waht Windows users understand under "fast and clean".
rijay wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 pm wine or halena , you should not mix them up together, rather it is better to go with mt5 faster and smoother.
I tried Linux Mint also, but no system has more third party programs like Manjaro, you can also change the heart, the kernel, with one click.
What solution do you use for partition backup?
Wine and dual boots is no mixing up. Market is another topic.

friend4you wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:11 am I tried Linux Mint also, but no system has more third party programs like Manjaro, you can also change the heart, the kernel, with one click.
What solution do you use for partition backup?
Wine and dual boots is no mixing up. Market is another topic.
Actually, I haven't a real backup anymore. I use a small partition for Mint, a much bigger one for Win10 (damn, you better give pretty "territorial" Windows enough space, it's very hungry - alone the updates and drivers, wtf!!!), one for all data, and the swap. Data is synchronized with another external HD. When Windows crashes, I install a Windows with new program versions and take the change to try out some other stuff.

I like Mint for not being Windows-like. Kernel-switching? Hmm, do I need that? All hardware works as it should, never had problems with it - even the soundbar of my old laptop worked perfectly, not naturally with other distros.

friend4you wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:08 pm

So, both mt4 and mt5 got updates. Is mt5 faster and better now than mt4?
95 % of all indicators/systems can be found for mt4.
yes , i think mt5 is much better then mt4, once you start using mt5, you will feel the difference, all indicators can be replicated for mt5 i assume. atleast for me as i use very basic things for trading, i just use moving averages, and indicator that shows when momentum is loosing steam, like macd and stlm histogram, for entry i wait for moving averages to converge in multiple time frame mode, in that way i avoid sideways markets automatically.

it is because mladen and mrtools have coded moving averages ribbon and many other indicators that are color coded, that helps to see this convergence of moving averages easier in multiple timeframe modes in single chart, so i need not switch to different timeframes again and again.

mt5 has many more options for timeframes as default then mt4 , so it is easy to analyse multiple timeframes easily. after all everything moves when all timeframes align , and then there will be big price bar that will follow on higher timeframe, when tipping point is reached in all lower timeframes. and atr ranges and traders will be thrown upside down in opposite direction, running to cover their positions.

in any case now mt4 will get replaced by mt5 as no more support will be provided to mt4, gradual shift will be there, and it will take its own time, brokers have started shifting to mt5 and they are increasing then previously, even now one big stock exchange in my country have integrated with mt5 that tells that mt4 is going to get extinct sooner or later.

just like in image easy to see moving averages convergence points (due to great coding by mladen and mrtools to add colors to indicatos), in multiple time frames , in single chart, from where there will be big price action next,

all areas from where there is very fast and big price action bars, this areas are very good sr zones, as lots of traders are stuck there as they do not get the opportunity to exit, due to sharp and big price action.
Attachments

Re: Your opinion about MT5

MetaQuotes, the company behind Metartader 4 (MT4) and Metatrader 5 (MT5) trading platforms, announced that is has released a series of updates to its MT5, most notably the ability of the MT5 platform to tackle negatively priced assets.

The official statement of the company reads: “The recent drop in oil prices below zero has forced the developers to introduce negative prices in the platform. Support for such prices enables proper platform operation in similar situations.”

I figured people using MT5 would want to know this.

Re: Your opinion about MT5

mladen wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:17 am Since it seems that MT5 is slowly taking over, might be interesting to see some things
Those MT5 indicators released by the teacher are surprisingly good! For example: T3 ca, Pdfma, QWMA_ca, MACD ca 1.1 (arrows), ADXm (vhf adaptive), Aroon_Oscillator_2, Corr Wilder EMA (fl)(vra)(mtf), etc. Unfortunately, after MT5 MTF runs for dozens of minutes, the indicator There will be no data.