ChartTrading Journal With FTMO Free Retry Challenge

This thread is for my FTMO free retry trading journal.
Unfortunately I didn't reach the profit target in the last challenge account ( I had failed for more than 5 times in the past ) but I didn't break the daily dd/max dd rules ( this is my first time didn't break this 2 rules ! ) , and thanks god I managed to recovered my -$6xxx and get $115 positive profit to get the free retry.. :Rofl:
By the way, I failed more than 5 times challenge in the past and all the strategies I used in the past is trading in lower time frame(M15,M30) , and I managed to recovered the losses -$6xxx is using Daily TF strategy.

I decided totally move my lower TF strategy to Daily TF strategy, and I already practice for sometimes, now it's time to give it a try.

I'll update my trades daily in this post. Wish me good luck !

Re: Trading Journal With FTMO Free Retry Challenge

jng640 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 pm This thread is for my FTMO free retry trading journal.
Unfortunately I didn't reach the profit target in the last challenge account ( I had failed for more than 5 times in the past ) but I didn't break the daily dd/max dd rules ( this is my first time didn't break this 2 rules ! ) , and thanks god I managed to recovered my -$6xxx and get $115 positive profit to get the free retry.. :Rofl:

By the way, I failed more than 5 times challenge in the past and all the strategies I used in the past is trading in lower time frame(M15,M30) , and I managed to recovered the losses -$6xxx is using Daily TF strategy.

I decided totally move my lower TF strategy to Daily TF strategy, and I already practice for sometimes, now it's time to give it a try.

I'll update my trades daily in this post. Wish me good luck !
This FTMO challenge has peeked my interest - first time hearing about this. Can you tell me more? How does it work?

For the News Events, I'll only avoid the listed below:

AUD-INTEREST RATE,EMPLOYMENT
CAD-INTEREST RATE,EMPLOYMENT,RETAL SALES,CPI
CHF-LIBOR RATE(INTEREST RATE)
EUR-INTEREST RATE,DRAGHI
GBP-INTEREST RATE,MPC VOTE,GDP
NZD-EMPLOYMENT,GDP,GDT(GLOBAL DAIRY TRADE)**,INTEREST RATE
JPY-INTEREST RATE
USD-NFP,INTEREST RATE,FOMC MEETING MINUTE,POWELL(AFTER FOMC SPEECH),CPI
METALS- USD INTEREST RATE

Deez wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:18 pm

This FTMO challenge has peeked my interest - first time hearing about this. Can you tell me more? How does it work?
I'm wondering still have someone didn't know about FTMO.. :mistake:
Now the day have many Proprietary Firm(Prop Firm) out there, they will fund you capital if you passed their 2-stage challenge.
prop Firm list :
1).The Funded Trader Program
2).FTMO
3).Funding Talent ( Many ppl complaint this company due to they give some reason to declined the payout, e.g. huge lot size, news scalp)
4). My Forex Fund ( Their rules not user friendly to swing trade)

Usually you have to buy the challenge, 25K,50K,100K,200K etc.
For 100K challenge the average price is around $6xx.
Usually their target is,
for stage-1: Minimum 10 trading days (some prop firm have lower requirement on this or even do not need), 8-10% target profit in 30 days(depends on which prop firm,so it's about 20 trading days per mth), max 5% daily DD(floating DD), max 10% relative DD(floating DD).

for stage-2: Minimum 10 trading days (some prop firm have lower requirement on this or even do not need),4-5% target profit in 60 days(depends on which prop firm,so it's about 40 trading days per mth),max 5% daily DD(floating DD), max 10% relative DD(floating DD).

Once you passed 2-stages of challenge, you'll get the fees refund to you when you make your first withdrawal (If you didn't break any rules/loss your funded account).

jng640 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:42 pm I'm wondering still have someone didn't know about FTMO.. :mistake:
Now the day have many Proprietary Firm(Prop Firm) out there, they will fund you capital if you passed their 2-stage challenge.
prop Firm list :
1).The Funded Trader Program
2).FTMO
3).Funding Talent ( Many ppl complaint this company due to they give some reason to declined the payout, e.g. huge lot size, news scalp)
4). My Forex Fund ( Their rules not user friendly to swing trade)

Usually you have to buy the challenge, 25K,50K,100K,200K etc.
Usually their target is,
for stage-1: Minimum 10 trading days (some prop firm have lower requirement on this or even do not need), 8-10% target profit in 30 days(depends on which prop firm,so it's about 20 trading days per mth), max 5% daily DD(floating DD), max 10% relative DD(floating DD).

for stage-2: Minimum 10 trading days (some prop firm have lower requirement on this or even do not need),4-5% target profit in 60 days(depends on which prop firm,so it's about 40 trading days per mth),max 5% daily DD(floating DD), max 10% relative DD(floating DD).

Once you passed 2-stages of challenge, you'll get the fees refund to you when you make your first withdrawal (If you didn't break any rules/loss your funded account).
So you pay them to participate in a challenge? If you lose they keep your money?
Do you keep the profit you make from this 100k capital?