Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

This is an "old" indicator by swingman - called RT_HourRanges Osc_v4 (you can find it on ForexFactory)
It basically tells you when (statistically which hours of the day) volatility is highest for an instrument.
It is - maybe - not up to date because it is not tick based.
For the Dow it looks like this:
(If you run it on your computer displayed times - of course - may/will change depending on the time zone you're in.)
Attachments

josi wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:14 am This is an "old" indicator by swingman - called RT_HourRanges Osc_v4 (you can find it on ForexFactory)
It basically tells you when (statistically which hours of the day) volatility is highest for an instrument.
It is - maybe - not up to date because it is not tick based.
For the Dow it looks like this:
(If you run it on your computer displayed times - of course - may/will change depending on the time zone you're in.)
Hmm... In general, this is a good thing, but I don’t know how to fasten it to my system, and is it necessary to do this? Although one cannot disagree with what the indicator shows. DJI actually has the highest volatility precisely in those hours when both America and Europe are open at the same time. But, as I understand it, this kind of statistics is taken over several days (such as ADRs for 14 days). Here we must not forget the fact, that despite the presence of common patterns and trends, each trading day is individual. And, let's say, while I trade Dow, I saw such frantic Ocean-Asian sessions at the opening of the day that the Americans could not even dream about :) :)
Although in general I do not argue, the indicator is interesting ...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven

As for today's trading ...
At the opening of the day, my position on the Dow closed, because before I went to bed on Friday I left the TP order active. But, as I said, on Friday the price never reached it , but it got today. I decided to try to play the pullback and set the Sell Limit order at 38.2% ADR. I did not increase the lot size, because we are inside the same bearish cycle that we started on Friday. I change the lot size in the direction of increase only when changing the direction of trade, i.e. at the end of a cycle. I think that by the time the price reaches this level (38.2 ADR), the main trend line will also have time to go down to the same mark, and it is quite possible that together they will show sufficient resistance and be able to turn the price down again.

So, for today, sell 21605. So far without stops, on manual control :)) Good morning everyone!
aaven

See post № 20. There I made some recommendations. Maybe this will help you ...
In general, this is the trouble of MT4, which does not know how to use multithreading. And regardless of the power of your computer, the charts still slow down. This is especially noticeable when switching instruments, timeframes or when the current candle closes, especially when the market is very volatile. The fact is that MT4 always uses only one processor core: (((. And if you have at least 8 or 12 cores, all MT4 tasks, including indicator calculations, will always be carried out on only one single core. Although, my laptop is far from the most top-end configuration, but copes with this setup pretty well.
And do not try to repeat my template by placing indicators on the chart manually. The fact is that some indicators have settings that are different from those that were by default. Therefore, for the correct functioning of the system, use my template. Put in order the data of the quotes of the tools used, as I wrote in the post № 20. If this does not help, then sorry ...
My notebook specifications...

Windows 10 x 64 build 1909
Metatrader v4.00 build 1260
aaven

ImpLaNT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm See post № 20. There I made some recommendations. Maybe this will help you ...
In general, this is the trouble of MT4, which does not know how to use multithreading. And regardless of the power of your computer, the charts still slow down. This is especially noticeable when switching instruments, timeframes or when the current candle closes, especially when the market is very volatile. The fact is that MT4 always uses only one processor core: (((. And if you have at least 8 or 12 cores, all MT4 tasks, including indicator calculations, will always be carried out on only one single core. Although, my laptop is far from the most top-end configuration, but copes with this setup pretty well.
And do not try to repeat my template by placing indicators on the chart manually. The fact is that some indicators have settings that are different from those that were by default. Therefore, for the correct functioning of the system, use my template. Put in order the data of the quotes of the tools used, as I wrote in the post № 20. If this does not help, then sorry ...
My notebook specifications...

Screenshot_10.png

Windows 10 x 64 build 1909
Metatrader v4.00 build 1260
ok sir. thank you, maybe have to wait until i will upgrade.

ImpLaNT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 pm As for today's trading ...
At the opening of the day, my position on the Dow closed, because before I went to bed on Friday I left the TP order active. But, as I said, on Friday the price never reached it , but it got today. I decided to try to play the pullback and set the Sell Limit order at 38.2% ADR. I did not increase the lot size, because we are inside the same bearish cycle that we started on Friday. I change the lot size in the direction of increase only when changing the direction of trade, i.e. at the end of a cycle. I think that by the time the price reaches this level (38.2 ADR), the main trend line will also have time to go down to the same mark, and it is quite possible that together they will show sufficient resistance and be able to turn the price down again.
a) good job - so all went well.
b) see post 46: a limit order, under these volatile und pretty unpredictive conditions, seems a risky business to me - I hope you are right about 38.2 as the point of downward return because price may just move on for a while.
Good for you that price is turning right now. Let's see what happens.
It sits exactly above one 27th low after which (after another Pb) it gapped down (open), so there will probably be some resistance.
As long as price doesn't close below 21500 I'd say we are in a corrective move within an upward bias.
As ever so often I may be totally wrong.