Re: Average Daily Range Trading

bonbon wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 pm Can you share your template?
sure. You are going to have to Calibrate the settings specific to the different pairs and how the ADR is adjusting. I find that the Average Daily range count doesn't deviate that much in general. You just have to be able to determine when it is making a hard continuation move outside of the range for the beginning of a larger trend.

mntiwana wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:35 pm Hi guys
We welcome and appreciate experts and experimenting traders to start/open threads for any level and size trading and illustrate and lay out their worth idea's,it is good idea long running thread on a topic or some specific style trading,of course interested members will be participate and get in one by one for to contribute their observation and experience
As for coding line,it is already serving more than any forum in the world and will be in future too by FS kind coders,fortunately we have high status reliable stuff nobody have,almost of every style and you knows it exact
carry on :)
Would you be willing to help me add a shift function to this indicator ? I would like to see what it would do

bonbon wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:25 pm

I would be very pleased if you post the indicator, thank you
These users thanked the author JADragon3 for the post:
RodrigoRT7

I am not saying that this style of trading isn't without risk. And there is always a possibility to incur losses but....With that said...Think of this as more of a road map. IT should give you a better idea of where the meat of the market is and more confidence trading out on the extremes. And as always , try to use reasonable money management practices. If you give the system two or three weeks , you should be able to have a really good idea of what is going on. Try to let the market develop a bit at the beginning of the day.

Not really sure what to expect today. Taking the nice impulsive move downward into consideration , I would expect a pullback to the top of the new open stretch channel and then a sell. Top of the stretch matches up with mid day pull back. So , signal I am looking for is , Sell at top of the stretch or developing 5 day HA median moving average. Looking for a continuation past yesterdays lows into the 6 day low. Gotta keep an eye out for the developing lower range dotted mid line and see how price reacts.
Attachments