Re: Pumba´s Indice Scalping Journal

This is not something that I wrote, but what an amazing Trader, Tom Hougaard just wrote, but I believe its something that should be spread far.

"I want to be able to operate from a state of mind whereby I can perceive the opportunities that the market offer to me, whilst operating from an opportunistic and yet self preserving foundation."

Key word: State of mind
Key word: opportunistic and self preserving

"I want to be able to operate from a state of mind where I can perceive opportunities that the market offers to me, whilst not being afraid"

Key word: Afraid

"I want to be able to operate from a state of mind where I can perceive opportunities without my mind reminding me of the last time I saw this, and it didn't work out"

Key word: "the last time"

INSERT: I want to not eat chocolate

Key word: chocolate

What we feed our mind, through the use of our language, will shape our beliefs. Our beliefs shape our action, and our action shape our lives. If I say I don't want to eat chocolate, the operative word is "chocolate". Perhaps a more appropriate language would be "I want to eat an orange when my mind wants sweetness, or a spoonful of honey."

When I stopped smoking, I didn't "give up smoking". I stopped.

Key word: giving up

Key word: stopping

What word has more linguistic power?

I stopped because giving up would imply that I was making a sacrifice. In reality I was giving up a prison to gain freedom. My mind became free of nicotine addiction long long before my body did. Craving for nicotine? I wasn't born with a cigarette in my mouth. I had to learn to tolerate the smoke. Then came the dependency. Smoking filled the void I had created. Stopping smoking effectively meant to learn how my mind responded to both internal habitual patterns (smoke after food or with drinks or after sex), and external stimuli (seeing other smoke).

If I operate from a fear based point of view, the mind will focus on fear.

"I want to not be afraid when I trade"

Key word: Not be afraid

What if we rewrote that language to "I want to trade without feelings of excitement, or resentment, or anticipation of outcome. I want to be emotionally free to dispassionately evaluate the market based on the pre-acquire knowledge I have of patterns and react accordingly".

How do you do that? How do you acquire a mindset which enables you to trade without fear? Or should I say, how do you acquire a mindset that enables you to operate without expectations, whilst acting in an opportunistic and yet self-preserving manner?"

Our minds are adaptable. We are able to shape new beliefs. Like any new skill, it requires several criteria to be fulfilled.

1/ Daily reminder of what values are sought out. Otherwise that slippery mind of our will head to the pantry and seek out the chocolate and sit on the sofa and watch crap tv.

2/ A concerted effort to repeat the behaviour over and over. We can call that "habituation", or we can call it "repetition is the mother of all skills".

3/ Casual attention or focused attention? As the sentence implies, we gain a significant deeper evolution if we focus our efforts. Casual attention is a lot less demanding but also a lot less rewarding.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 4):
Xanadu, whiteadrian23, constbln, BeatlemaniaSA
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Re: Pumba´s Indice Scalping Journal

p1ps_surfer wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:15 pm right, i though at first this gonna be journal of ur system.
for overlap market london and NY any recommended indicies to trade?
sorry was on vacation and forgot to reply.

I trade NAS,DOW,DAX,SPY
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, p1ps_surfer
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew