MagnifyHave you heard of ICT Trading?

Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Re: Have you heard of ICT Trading?

honje19960321 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:54 pm
yes, he introduced the concept of Order Block trading to retail traders, that is blocks of orders at high time frame levels, also sometimes called bank or institutional trader levels.

These traders place huge orders at a support or resistance level on the high time frame charts that will usually only get partially filled as price moves away so a block of orders remain at that level if price returns.

Essentially a major reversal type strategy though there were additional components. If you search on old forums such as BabyPips you will find his work stretching back to the 1990s. He made hundreds of hours of videos that were for free until recently when he started a pay for course.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Jedidiah

Ogee wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:45 am Actually I realise I have 5 or 6 old ICT mp4 videos (about an hour long each). Don't know how to upload mp4 files on the forum though?
Please advise. I too have read on this and need to know if Order blocks are placed in an area where some regard as a area of resistance, (thus the order block is regarded as BEARISH) the orders placed therein are they buy or sell orders. The reverse is thus if orders are placed in a support area (Thus labelled as bullish order blocks) what order types are those.
What makes the Market maker come back to these areas to fulfill these areas he created himself to fulfill these orders? What is the logic here of returning.
These users thanked the author DVanAssen for the post:
Jedidiah

DVanAssen wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:59 am Please advise. I too have read on this and need to know if Order blocks are placed in an area where some regard as a area of resistance, (thus the order block is regarded as BEARISH) the orders placed therein are they buy or sell orders. The reverse is thus if orders are placed in a support area (Thus labelled as bullish order blocks) what order types are those.
What makes the Market maker come back to these areas to fulfill these areas he created himself to fulfill these orders? What is the logic here of returning.
See I posted vid 1/4 in the education videos thread that explains ICT Order blocks in detail (parts 2-4 will be posted weekly). I admit I've not seen these since 2016 so a bit hazy on the detail.

Bank traders are only looking at the higher time frame charts and looking for major reversal levels (which they create themselves by their order size), they are the market makers so price will come back if they don't keep pushing it away, they don't care what happens elsewhere on the lower TF charts.

They want to buy (or sell) to load a position or unload a position at a price. When price hits their level the order starts to get filled but in doing so price is pushed away leaving unfilled orders behind that stand in waiting for price to come back. If it doesn't they may decide to move the order but really they are still just looking at the high time frame charts.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
DVanAssen, Jedidiah

Ogee wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:20 am See I posted vid 1/4 in the education videos thread that explains ICT Order blocks in detail (parts 2-4 will be posted weekly). I admit I've not seen these since 2016 so a bit hazy on the detail.

Bank traders are only looking at the higher time frame charts and looking for major reversal levels (which they create themselves by their order size), they are the market makers so price will come back if they don't keep pushing it away, they don't care what happens elsewhere on the lower TF charts.

They want to buy (or sell) to load a position or unload a position at a price. When price hits their level the order starts to get filled but in doing so price is pushed away leaving unfilled orders behind that stand in waiting for price to come back. If it doesn't they may decide to move the order but really they are still just looking at the high time frame charts.
Does it mean that the winning rate of this trading method will be higher and closer to HG?
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

honje19960321 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:50 pm Does it mean that the winning rate of this trading method will be higher and closer to HG?
The win rate will depend on how the strategy is implemented by the user. What's HG?

I am downloading the videos from an old harddrive and doing a quick review as I go (last saw them 6 years ago). Will upload the remaining 4 this weekend in the 'Educational Videos' thread.

5 videos in total:

1/ Intro to Macro
2/ Integrating Commitment of Traders data with Institutional Order Flow
3/ The Power of 3 Trading Strategy
4/ Order Block Trading Strategy

and from a different series
5/ Trade Plan Development for short term trades (intra-day to 3 day)
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, rainthegod