Re: Request you to Kindly : Please Suggest Good Quality Monitor

thomdel wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:20 am

Monitors Tried be me in the past / past experience :
1) I have used Acer 43 inch 4k monitor which caused headache due to horizontal and vertical eye movement.
2) LG 32 inch monitor : Full HD : too much bright light, colours were ok.
3) Dell S series 24 inch : Full HD : yellow tint / yellow background, blurry text.
4) LG Ultragear 24 inch : Full HD : un-natural colours.
5) Samsung S24R650 : Full HD : Bought considering that is biz monitor : but it's too bright and causing eye fatigue - un-natural red orange colours - blurry text.

Thanks a Lot to all the members.
Thanks for this Forum.
That's an awful lot of screens, not being funny but are you sure the whole screen making industry is the problem, might be worth the cost of an eye test to check. The solution might be just a new pair of glasses.

Also try different display resolution settings and Ease of Access settings in Options for contrast and colour filter settings.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
lorne, Chickenspicy

Ogee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:07 pm That's an awful lot of screens, not being funny but are you sure the whole screen making industry is the problem, might be worth the cost of an eye test to check. The solution might be just a new pair of glasses.

Also try different display resolution settings and Ease of Access settings in Options for contrast and colour filter settings.

Respected Member,

Right now, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 520 : 15 inch Laptop with IPS display - Full HD 1920x1080 - approx 3 years old.
This laptop screen is absolutely fine with Proper / True white background. Proper colours. Clear text as it is 15 inch small screen.
It has Intel UHD + NVIDIA MX graphics card ( nvidia card has 2gb RAM )
( Display / screen qlty is good as it is a : 5 series laptop : approx 900 usd product )
( The moment you go for low cost laptop ideapad 3 series : the screen qlty degrades )

Only reason to go for big screen around 24 inch is that the MT4 candles and chart appear big enough for use.

Note :
The Acer 43 inch 4K monitor had all the right things : True White background / Proper Colors / Clear Text.
But I was unable to handle the big screen real estate which caused fatigue and so I moved to smaller screens.
So, I had to make a : small size screen of approx 24 inch - on this 43 inch 4K monitor as a solution.
Even 4K Tv gives proper output.

So, I asked members if anybody is using : mid range - upper mid range cost : 24 inch - 27 inch screen : which has good quality panel, QHD, true white background, proper colours, clear text.
If any member is using a good quality screen then his brand / model no. may help me / others for monitor purchase.
This is the only reason I posted.

I don't know about other regions but I reside in Asia region : If you see User comment / reviews on amazon / online websites then you will understand the below points :
1) The problem only arises as we move to Full HD : 24 - 27 - 32 inch : Screen size increases but resolution is only Full HD.
2) Manufacturer / Monitor makers use low quality screens to cut cost which are in budget / upper budget range.
i.e. yellow tint / yellowish screen which does not show true white colour - instead it shows slightly yellow / yellowish white colour or offwhite colour.
bad colour calibration, low sRGB NTSC, over saturated colours : example : red chart candles appear extremely red

Thanks.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post:
Chickenspicy

If you are considering a TV don't get anything that is OLED as it will get burn in from parts of the image that stay on the screen for a long time.

Most TV's have Chroma 4:4:2, computer monitors and some TV's have Chroma 4:4:4, google it, makes a big difference in reading the small numbers down the right side of your chart.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, andrei-1, thomdel
nil desperandum

thomdel wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:20 am Dear Senior Members / Traders,

Please suggest few options : Please Suggest Good Quality Monitors.

Currently using 15 inch Lenovo laptop which has IPS screen which has proper white background without yellow tint & proper colours & clear text as it is 15 inch only but the MT4 candles appear tiny / small.
On zooming they get too wide and of no use, So I want to go for Monitor.

I've just got a new monitor to replace an Asus that got water damaged.

It's a BenQ senseye HDMI LED (GL2250) and have to admit it's far better than the similar priced Asus.

It has a huge range of colour, contrast and gamma adjustments but has 6 picture presets to make setting up easier.

Worth taking a look at the web site at least.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
thomdel

Ogee wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:38 pm I've just got a new monitor to replace an Asus that got water damaged.

It's a BenQ senseye HDMI LED (GL2250) and have to admit it's far better than the similar priced Asus.

It has a huge range of colour, contrast and gamma adjustments but has 6 picture presets to make setting up easier.

Worth taking a look at the web site at least.

Hi, Thanks for your Input. Just checked. But this model is not available in my region.

May be by next week, I will be getting mostly any one of the below mentioned brands & models : Through reviews - youtube & rtings, got the below info :

1) Gigabyte G27Q - QHD ( this is among the good ones )
2) BenQ Mobiuz Ex2710Q - QHD ( this is among the good ones )

4) LG Ultrawide 29WN600 - WFHD ( 2560x1080) - ultrawide
2) Dell P2422H - Full HD

I will have to randomly select from these based on reviews because none of the monitors are available for store demo in my region.

Thanks for the Help.
Thanks to all the users for Input & Help.