HappyRe: Strict stop loss is Holy Grail

boytoy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:48 am The EUR/CHF crash of 2015 got me

Things were going well for years trading without a stop loss until I got wiped out during the EUR/CHF crash and lost $22,000 and an email from Alpari my broker to pay the -$11,500 which I accrued during the crash.

The next day Alpari entered insolvency.

Till this day I still haven't paid it 😂
Wrecked. I remember that day just like it was yesterday.
Spread hit 100 pips on FXCM.

At least you dodged the broker on that negative equity bill 😂
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
Jedidiah
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: Strict stop loss is Holy Grail

boytoy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:48 am Let's all be honest guys. Stop losses are something a lot of us like to preach but don't even practice mastering.

What's more interesting is the other half of us don't use stop losses because we think they are a scam and are used by brokers to hunt positions.

I have also traded many times without a stop loss.

The EUR/CHF crash of 2015 got me

Things were going well for years trading without a stop loss until I got wiped out during the EUR/CHF crash and lost $22,000 and an email from Alpari my broker to pay the -$11,500 which I accrued during the crash.

The next day Alpari entered insolvency.

Till this day I still haven't paid it 😂
Afraid a stop loss would not have saved you in that instance or in many black swan events, price simply jumped over stops as dozens of handles were taken out in an instant so your stop loss price was no longer there. The only thing that would have saved you would have been a guaranteed stop or negative account balance protection (had your broker even offered the choice). The real lesson was don't play where central banks are busy manipulating the market.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Jedidiah