Re: Wokism

Ogee wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:33 pm and it's not a ad hominem attack on a man who died of syphilis to say the man died of syphilis, it's a fact.
you could call it a stylistic device: whether or not Nietzsche had the above-mentioned medical condition before he descended into insanity does prove nothing whatsoever about whether his argument on "eternal truths" was valid. Its only function is to attack his person and by doing so indirectly disqualify the validity of his argument (which - by the way - was established long before he fell ill).

As I said: claims, opinions, ideologies, generalisations... are all part of an attempt to manipulate instead of argue.

Even what you call a fact: "a is doing this or that, therfore... "
may not be valid in different ways:
a may not be doing this (claim; problem of verification)
a may not be the sole representative of a group (generalisation)
a may be doing this to reach a totally different aim from what you assume (narcissism instead of politcal activism) etc etc

We could go on like this till sunset and yet get nowhere as you don't want to find the best and most convincing argument (Habermas) but simply be right (Nietzsche, Foucault).
In the end it's mostly about power and ego.
So I wish you well and end here.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Jedidiah

josi wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:56 pm you could call it a stylistic device: whether or not Nietzsche had the above-mentioned medical condition before he descended into insanity does prove nothing whatsoever about whether his argument on "eternal truths" was valid. Its only function is to attack his person and by doing so indirectly disqualify the validity of his argument (which - by the way - was established long before he fell ill).

As I said: claims, opinions, ideologies, generalisations... are all part of an attempt to manipulate instead of argue.

Even what you call a fact: "a is doing this or that, therfore... "
may not be valid in different ways:
a may not be doing this (claim; problem of verification)
a may not be the sole representative of a group (generalisation)
a may be doing this to reach a totally different aim from what you assume (narcissism instead of politcal activism) etc etc

We could go on like this till sunset and yet get nowhere as you don't want to find the best and most convincing argument (Habermas) but simply be right (Nietzsche, Foucault).
In the end it's mostly about power and ego.
So I wish you well and end here.
the OP you are commenting on had absolutely nothing to do with Nietzsche and is just a diversion.

statements backed up with real examples are not opinions, they're facts.

facts are facts and trying to change the definition of the word 'fact' won't work.

These groups routinely displays characteristics the exact opposite of the name they have given themselves. It's an example of their efforts to change the meaning of words in order to deflect criticism of their actual behaviour but people are waking up to the deception.

ionone wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:04 pm i'm mildly obsessed with this girl

dunno why
please help me

not a stalker or anything, she fascinates me for no reason
This is obviously a trick question as, a) you have not said which of the 2 women in the picture you are referring to.

And, b) everyone knows by now there is no such thing as a 'woman' anyway, there are only trans women or people identifying as women and to suggest otherwise will earn you a knock on the door by the police and a lengthy stay in a 're-education' camp. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
ionone

Ogee wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:20 pm This is obviously a trick question as, a) you have not said which of the 2 women in the picture you are referring to.

And, b) everyone knows by now there is no such thing as a 'woman' anyway, there are only trans women or people identifying as women and to suggest otherwise will earn you a knock on the door by the police and a lengthy stay in a 're-education' camp. :thumbup:
play the video to find out which "girl" i'm talking about :hug:

What is a woman ?? this is sooo difficult !!

Pronouns are just sooooo confusing ...

People getting tied up in knots, fortunately Titania McGrath is on hand to sort it out.

(PS Titania McGrath is a parody account run by Andrew Doyle of the videos posted above)

Contemporary self labelled 'Progressives' are actually the opposite of Progressives of the past.

'Why Progressives Undermine Civilization.'
'From electricity and psychiatry to criminal justice and meritocracy, center-Left political leaders are dismantling the institutions our forefathers created. Why is that?'

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.c ... vilization

''Progressives defend their policies as protecting, not weakening, civilization, but the harm they create is striking. Progressives say sweeping criminal justice reforms in Illinois will prevent racial disparities, but of the Chicago homicides in 2022, 358 were of African Americans, 75 of Latinos, 21 of whites, and 2 of Asians. Habeck says closing nuclear plants will protect the public from danger, but nuclear plants remain the safest way to produce electricity and one study found that German nuclear plant closures to date resulted in enough air pollution from coal-burning to shorten the lives of 1,100 Europeans. And while the Biden administration and Democrats say moving away from oil and gas is essential to preventing catastrophic climate change, the energy crisis will kill many more people than climate change, and it was the expansion of natural gas production that allowed emissions to decline 22% in the U.S. from 2005 to 2020, while the repression of natural gas production has caused coal use to rise to an all-time high.''