Re: Market Observations:

Ogee,
talk to your broker that you will open a trade with a leverage of $1,000,000 and that he will take it to the interbank market where there is no leverage.
Also ask him where he will get the funds to pay you if successful. The amount of profit with leverage will be much higher than without leverage.
Sadly,
that for more than ten years brokers have been fooling you and leading you by the nose

Intrest 1 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 am Ogee,
talk to your broker that you will open a trade with a leverage of $1,000,000 and that he will take it to the interbank market where there is no leverage.
Also ask him where he will get the funds to pay you if successful. The amount of profit with leverage will be much higher than without leverage.
Sadly,
that for more than ten years brokers have been fooling you and leading you by the nose
you do realise you are just trolling the thread with bullshit now don't you? Either that or you are just another clown. 🤡

Intrest 1 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:23 am I destroy your misconceptions about the market.
So far, you are the funny one here.
Err, you said you disagreed with my observations, you pointed out 5 or 6 of them and I answered each one, and to which you then said nothing.

You then make up some bullshit about market makers that had nothing to do with the original post at all.

READ THE THREAD TITLE, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS FUCK OFF.

It really is that simple.

Editing your posts after I've already answered them is bullshit. Banging in 3 posts in a row is spamming bullshit. Trying to divert or highjack a thread is trolling bullshit.

As for getting your broker to leverage you to a million $ - you must be talking about Russian brokers. Proper brokers actually take steps to control their risk the same as any good gambler would. If a proper broker can't hedge it in-house they will hedge it on the underlying market. That means they make on the spread (they get a better deal than they pass on to you) and it's risk free for them. If they can't hedge it they won't accept it, simple as that.

I can see why Russian brokers have a very bad reputation.

My observation from trading in general is that the community around it is probably the least supportive and toxic out there. What is clear is that there is no right or wrong way to trade, if it works for you then great. If one draws conclusions about the nature of the markets that helps them to achieve success then cool. But people will always be on hand to ridicule and shout that down.

Ogee wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:56 am Err, you said you disagreed with my observations, you pointed out 5 or 6 of them and I answered each one, and to which you then said nothing.

You then make up some bullshit about market makers that had nothing to do with the original post at all.

READ THE THREAD TITLE, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS FUCK OFF.

It really is that simple.

Editing your posts after I've already answered them is bullshit. Banging in 3 posts in a row is spamming bullshit. Trying to divert or highjack a thread is trolling bullshit.

As for getting your broker to leverage you to a million $ - you must be talking about Russian brokers. Proper brokers actually take steps to control their risk the same as any good gambler would. If a proper broker can't hedge it in-house they will hedge it on the underlying market. That means they make on the spread (they get a better deal than they pass on to you) and it's risk free for them. If they can't hedge it they won't accept it, simple as that.

I can see why Russian brokers have a very bad reputation.
It's not about a Russian broker or not a Russian one.
Russian stock players are much more likely to register with offshore brokers somewhere in Belize or the Virgin Islands.
It only matters when you learn to distinguish stock trading from stock game, then you will immediately recognize the fairy tales of brokers.
People tend to be deluded
and doubly in the market, because people want to test their assumptions with their transactions.
Therefore, it is much better to know what you are dealing with than to trust the fairy tales of brokers who just want to get money and they don’t care if you make a profit or lose.

Intrest 1 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:12 am It's not about a Russian broker or not a Russian one.
Russian stock players are much more likely to register with offshore brokers somewhere in Belize or the Virgin Islands.
It only matters when you learn to distinguish stock trading from stock game, then you will immediately recognize the fairy tales of brokers.
People tend to be deluded
and doubly in the market, because people want to test their assumptions with their transactions.
Therefore, it is much better to know what you are dealing with than to trust the fairy tales of brokers who just want to get money and they don’t care if you make a profit or lose.
I stopped reading your bullshit posts, the whole gist of which is simply to highjack, divert and destroy the thread.

In this thread I've already given you lessons in markets, sentiment, Renko charts, pivots and daily charts (and not a word of thanks from you I notice) so I may as well finish off by teaching you how proper brokers operate in properly regulated countries, not cowboy shitholes like Belize, Israel and Russia.

The market making broker will track the underlying market as closely as possible. Put the two prices up side by side and watch all day every day (commods, indicies and crypto have exchanges but for currencies you'll just have to use a large bank). The 2 prices will pirouette around each other, sometimes drifting a few points apart before snapping back, sometimes as much as 10 points but never more than for a few seconds.

A proper broker will have 2 books, an A book and a B book. The A book has their big traders who bet big and mostly win and who make the broker most of their profits, they are coveted clients and well looked after. The broker would never dream of taking the other side of their bets, that would be suicide. The B book is mostly retail traders who bet small and mostly lose and are probably more trouble than they are worth. In spite of the fact they mostly lose the broker would never dream of taking the other side of their bet because if the regulator caught them they would lose their licence and that would be suicide.

So the proper broker makes all their profit from the spread. They will match buys and sells in-house as much as possible taking the spread from both but there will always be an excess which they will hedge in the underlying market. If the excess is long they will go long the same amount, if the client wins so does the broker so they pay the client, if the client loses the broker takes from the client to give to whoever they hedged with.

To keep the whole thing running smoothly the broker will take some small tightly controlled risk but as soon as price strays outside their risk tolerance and they can't hedge you will get a requote notice, if this state continues for a while you will get an unborrowable or unlongable notice. This rarely happens for major currencies but does happen for stocks, indices, commods and especially crypto who might remain in the no new trades state for days.

It happens more now where the regulators have introduced 'negative account balance protection', the client's account can't go negative, if it does it's down to the broker, this has made brokers even more twitchy in not accepting trades.

This is how proper brokers stay in business for decades, their risk is always controlled, managed and hedged, whereas brokers in poorly regulated regions often disappear within a few years.

Pay your money and take your choice.

Good-bye. And please send me a note whenever you start up a new thread and I'll happily come along and de-rail and destroy it for you arsehole. 😍
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, thiru

Let's try again shall we, here's another one.

Another observation, a more general one this time, but still very important.

There are a few web sites that interview successful traders, 'Chat with Traders' is a good one, they have several hundred interviews on file and I've listened to good number of them and there are 2 common threads that stand out. You hear the same 2 stories repeated over and over.

In no particular order story A is the one where the person does all the learning and then hits the markets and gets it right straight away, they are making money and building their account month after month and then suddenly, before a year is out, it stops working. They start losing and keep losing, they keep going thinking it will all change back again but it doesn't and they end up giving it all back and then some. They are left totally bewildered.

Story B is of the one who does all the learning and gets started but it just never seems to go right, they just can't get it going, months roll by, then years, and no matter what they try they just get nowhere.

Both of these types have the same problem just the other way around. The clue to the first is 'making money quick/losing money quick'. The clue to the second is 'keeps going for years getting nowhere'.

The answer is risk acceptance and risk avoidance. To be successful you need to be very good at both but they are 2 ends of the same stick, they are opposite poles, if you're naturally good at one then you will be bad at the other. A person can't be naturally gregarious and naturally shy as well.

There is also a third group, people who are just average (in the middle) at both.

The people telling story A are good at accepting risk but bad at avoiding it. The people telling story B are good at avoiding risk but bad at accepting it. I would call it 'risk on' and 'risk off'. Yes I know generally risk on means buy and risk off means sell but here I mean 'risk on' means buy or sell and 'risk off' means wait, do nothing, sit on your hands.

So story A types are good at risk on, bad at risk off. Story B types are good at risk off, bad at risk on.

There is so much written on trading psychology but this is not really a psychology problem, this is personality. Very few are born to be naturally good at 2 opposite traits. Good traders are not born and they are not made by someone else, they make themselves.

But how do you change your personality? By Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), sounds difficult but is really quite simple.

First identify just what your problem is and how to recognise it and when to cut in and over-rule your wayward natural instincts. 'When I see this situation occur - I will implement my plan'. And so have a written out stepwise action plan on what you should do when that situation occurs. In time and with repeated use the written plan will become your natural response over-riding what was your inadequate natural response.

So people with story A will have an action plan for when they recognise 'risk off' conditions (e.g. which may be just 'do nothing'). People with story B will have an action plan for when they recognise a 'risk on' situation (e.g. always enter the market on such and such indicator alignment that have been tested and are proven to have a good positive expectancy).

And the people in group 3, who are average at both, will write out an action plan for both 'risk on' and 'risk off' situations.

This, of course, is basically a TRADING PLAN. And yes, they do work - if you can be bothered to make one. :thumbup: