Re: Do you prefer more trades, or more profit per trade ?

In my opinion taking less Trades is always better and it doesnt even matter if you hold those longer or not.

1.Simply put, in most cases you have commissions etc involved when Trading meaning you already start your Trade in red, those costs dont seem big but add up very quickly to a huge sum. Most Traders dont even think about that.

2. Now comes that we are humans and humans make mistakes and specially in Trading it comes very fast to mistakes which can lead to a big disaster. So the more Trades you are taking the more likely it is to end up making mistakes and lets not even start about how your rationality is going to suffer from taking many trades.

Think about it, even if you were to take only 1 Trade a day for 1% gain you COULD end the week in 5% profits... do this for a year or more and you are VERY fast VERY rich.

Even I trade a week that goes 2%.... do the math.. 2% every week is going to make you filthy rich through the power of compounding.

for 99% of Traders taking less trades would be much more effective.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Re: Do you prefer more trades, or more profit per trade ?

PumbaPLS wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:25 pm In my opinion taking less Trades is always better and it doesnt even matter if you hold those longer or not.

1.Simply put, in most cases you have commissions etc involved when Trading meaning you already start your Trade in red, those costs dont seem big but add up very quickly to a huge sum. Most Traders dont even think about that.

2. Now comes that we are humans and humans make mistakes and specially in Trading it comes very fast to mistakes which can lead to a big disaster. So the more Trades you are taking the more likely it is to end up making mistakes and lets not even start about how your rationality is going to suffer from taking many trades.

Think about it, even if you were to take only 1 Trade a day for 1% gain you COULD end the week in 5% profits... do this for a year or more and you are VERY fast VERY rich.

Even I trade a week that goes 2%.... do the math.. 2% every week is going to make you filthy rich through the power of compounding.

for 99% of Traders taking less trades would be much more effective.
Good one buddy!