Re: I have been writing code for 38 years.. Ask me anything (AMA)

i really like the coding style of your work, but i am a firm NONBELIEVER in moving averages..

Code: Select all

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                        Vidya.mq4 |
//|                                                           mladen |
//|                                                                  |
//| Vidya developed by Tushar Chande                                 |
#property copyright "mladen"
#property link      "mladenfx@gmail.com"

#property  indicator_chart_window
#property  indicator_buffers 1
#property  indicator_color1  Red

//
//
//
//
//

extern int    CmoPeriod1    = 25;
extern int    SmoothPeriod1 =  9;
extern int    Price1        = PRICE_CLOSE;

//
//
//
//
//

double vidya1[];

//
//
//
//
//

int init()
{
   SetIndexBuffer(0,vidya1);
   return(0);
}

//
//
//
//
//

int start()
{
   int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();
   int i,limit;

if(counted_bars < 0) return(-1);
   if(counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--;
           limit = Bars-counted_bars;

//
   //
   //
   //
   //

for(i=limit; i>=0; i--) 
   {
      vidya1[i] = iVidya(iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,Price1,i),CmoPeriod1,SmoothPeriod1,0,i);
   }
   return(0);
}

//
//
//
//
//

double  vidya_work[][2];
#define vidya_price 0
#define vidya_value 1

//
//
//
//
//

double iVidya(double price, int cmoPeriods, int smoothPeriods, int forCalculation, int i)
{
   if (ArrayRange(vidya_work,0)!=Bars) ArrayResize(vidya_work,Bars);

int r = Bars-i-1;
   int s = forCalculation*2;
      double alpha = 2.00/(1.00+smoothPeriods);

//
      //
      //
      //
      //

vidya_work[r][s+vidya_price] = price;
            double sumUp  = 0;
            double sumDo  = 0;
            for (int j=0; j < cmoPeriods; j++)
            {
               double diff = vidya_work[r-j][s+vidya_price]-vidya_work[r-j-1][s+vidya_price];
               if (diff > 0)
                     sumUp += diff;
               else  sumDo -= diff;
            }      
            double k = 1;
               if ((sumUp+sumDo)!=0) k = MathAbs((sumUp-sumDo)/(sumUp+sumDo));

vidya_work[r][s+vidya_value] = vidya_work[r-1][s+vidya_value]+(k*alpha)*(vidya_work[r][s+vidya_price]-vidya_work[r-1][s+vidya_value]);

//
      //
      //
      //
      //

return(vidya_work[r][s+vidya_value]);
}

Mustafa wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:03 am As regards your coding expertise, secret holy grails system and all other German woodoo (nonsense)
i dont really care one way or another if you believe in holy grails.

that makes little difference to me.

this thread is for SERIOUS QUESTIONS.

this thread is not for your childish amusement.

know what i mean?

btw, i was just sitting here thinking about how harshly i was treated at the forexfactory... and i was thinking that i will probably want to litigate with them one day..

but this is a double edged sword... i am going to demonstrate that i handle things differently than most people do..

like, for example, most trading systems engineers walk the standard beaten path, but i do not.. i walk alone... eagles fly alone..

for example, if and when i choose to litigate with the forexfactory, i will handle things differently...

i have a few friends that are locked up doing hard time.. i would write to them and make contact with some lifers that are capable jailhouse lawyers...

just fyi, jailhouse lawyers can take your ass to court in a heartbeat... the FF will end up living at the courthouse.

so, for probably a couple hundred bucks a month, i would have an entire cellblock of lifers putting paperwork all over the forexfactory.

i would probably want to hire lifers that are doing time in florida.

i would tell them that we are not after money, but that if we receive money it will go to them 100%..

i would tell them that it would be our goal to bury this company in a rats nest of litigation.

i will tell them that we will not stop until that company is destroyed and blows away in the wind like a pile of ashes.

the forexfactory threw me to the curb because i wouldnt share my software with complete strangers.

so i wonder how the forexfactory might respond to having genuine "booty bandits" filing court cases against them?

it should be amusing, and it doesnt cost me much.

this is entirely for my amusement.

trading will begin in five hours and five minutes.

ImpLaNT wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:18 pm In other words, would you like to become a trader who manages other people's capital for some kind of reward?
When I see such people, I ask them only one question, to which I never hear an intelligible answer ...
If you have the grail, then why do you need someone ??? Can't you find, say, $ 10 or $ 100 to open the first position, and then, for example, a year later, become a dollar millionaire? If you have some kind of miracle indicator, why are you selling it ?? Well, work on it signals and you will again become a millionaire in a year.
In response, I hear either some nonsense about too much money can never be, or just silence.

ziggy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:45 am i dont really care one way or another if you believe in holy grails.

that makes little difference to me.

this thread is for SERIOUS QUESTIONS.

this thread is not for your childish amusement.

know what i mean?

btw, i was just sitting here thinking about how harshly i was treated at the forexfactory... and i was thinking that i will probably want to litigate with them one day..

but this is a double edged sword... i am going to demonstrate that i handle things differently than most people do..

like, for example, most trading systems engineers walk the standard beaten path, but i do not.. i walk alone... eagles fly alone..

for example, if and when i choose to litigate with the forexfactory, i will handle things differently...

i have a few friends that are locked up doing hard time.. i would write to them and make contact with some lifers that are capable jailhouse lawyers...

just fyi, jailhouse lawyers can take your ass to court in a heartbeat... the FF will end up living at the courthouse.

so, for probably a couple hundred bucks a month, i would have an entire cellblock of lifers putting paperwork all over the forexfactory.

i would probably want to hire lifers that are doing time in florida.

i would tell them that we are not after money, but that if we receive money it will go to them 100%..

i would tell them that it would be our goal to bury this company in a rats nest of litigation.

i will tell them that we will not stop until that company is destroyed and blows away in the wind like a pile of ashes.

the forexfactory threw me to the curb because i wouldnt share my software with complete strangers.

so i wonder how the forexfactory might respond to having genuine "booty bandits" filing court cases against them?

it should be amusing, and it doesnt cost me much.

this is entirely for my amusement.

trading will begin in five hours and five minutes.

G'day Ziggy,

My cuppa and a quick catch up with what is happening in our world today.

Serious question ..... have you considered writing for Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Jimmy Kimmel, Trevor Noah or Steve Harvey?

Since a laugh-a-minute word leader fell under a bus, those guys can't come up with any good material.

Just a thought, mate.

Stay safe and keep well.

Kath

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:12 pm Hahahahaha go get them Zigz.

I hate the holidays the charts are so dead right now. Gotta scalp the movers like GBPNZD :lolno:
Trade Bitcoin or other crypts. The market works 24x7 without weekends, holidays and other crap ... The intraday range is now about 2000 pips, recently it reached 4000. No other pair has dreamed of such ranges. A great opportunity to either lose all or make good money depending on your skills.