Re: American legend

太虚一毫 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:34 pm 文不对题 :)

當地時間11月4日,又一名曾陷害川普的人被逮捕。不過,要釐清這個事情,我們還先需要一些背景介紹。

2019年3月,穆勒報告出台,此報告的目的是為了調查2016年大選前川普是否與俄羅斯有秘密聯繫,即所謂的「通俄門」,穆勒還調查了川普是否涉嫌妨礙司法。然而,穆勒什麼也沒有查到,這讓民主黨大失所望。

而提到「通俄門」,則必須提到一份叫做「斯蒂爾文件」的報告,即Steele Dossier。這份文件由英國前情報官員Steele為Fusion GPS公司所撰寫。

2016年4月,希拉蕊競選團隊和民主黨全國委員會的一名律師通過Perkins Coie公司聘請了Fusion GPS公司調查川普。同年六月,Fusion GPS公司把這樣一份工作分包給了Steele。

當然,事情敗露後。民主黨全國委員會否認知道他們的律師與Fusion GPS公司有合作,而Steele也否認他知道他拿下的分包合同與希拉蕊有關。

川普於2016年11月當選總統後,民主黨全國委員會與希拉蕊團隊便停止了對Fusion GPS和Steele的資助。但是Fusion GPS公司的共同創始人Glenn R. Simpson卻繼續直接資助Steele,以使他完成對川普的調查。

Steele在撰寫報告的同時,還把他的結論通報給了美國和英國的情報界。結論當然是子虛烏有的編造。而在Steele撰寫所謂調查的時候,一位名叫Danchenko的俄國人為Steele提供了大量消息。

這些消息隨後被美國情報界以及FBI獲知,據此,FBI的Clinesmith在2017年,向外國情報監視法庭申請了一份竊聽許可,以竊聽曾是川普團隊成員的Carter Page,Carter Page當時還有一個身份,因為他與俄羅斯聯繫密切,所以他曾是CIA的線人。

為了順利拿到法庭的竊聽許可,Clinesmith向法庭提供了錯誤的資訊,他篡改郵件,隱瞞Carter Page曾是CIA的線人。因此,最終拿到了竊聽許可。但是FBI對Carter Page的「通俄」調查,最終也是一無所獲,他們沒有找到任何Carter Page的違法行為。

而在Steele向FBI提供假文件以前,在大選以前,FBI也有另一起針對川普團隊的調查。

2016年7月,川普競選團隊的另一位成員Papadopoulos尋求向俄羅斯獲取希拉蕊黑料郵件一事,被澳大利亞捅給了美國方面。於是當月31日,FBI展開了對川普團隊的反間諜調查,這場調查被稱為Crossfire investigation

Crossfire investigation一直持續到2017年5月,那時川普已經是總統了。這場調查也沒有找到川普與俄羅斯有關的證據,不過後來,以Papadopoulos做偽證為由,起訴了他。Papadopoulos服刑10天後被監外執行,去年底被川普特赦。

由於FBI對川普團隊的通俄調查站不住腳,於是川普一直要求時任FBI局長科米立即停止調查,科米不聽。2017年5月,川普免除了科米的職務,於是,FBI的調查隨即終止。

但是免除科米職務、促使FBI停止調查一事,卻引來了更大的麻煩,政界一片譁然。於是,司法部長塞申斯任命了特別檢察官穆勒,讓他來繼續進行調查。

穆勒調查的結果,開篇就講了,也沒有得出川普通俄的結論。

於是,在穆勒調查出爐後一個月,即2019年4月,司法部長巴爾要求約翰·達勒姆(John Durham)調查FBI在此前針對川普競選團隊的行為。

2019年10月24日,調查的性質轉為了刑事調查,而這一轉變的原因,正是上面提到的FBI的Clinesmith篡改郵件,向法庭隱瞞川普團隊成員Carter Page曾是CIA線人的事情。

自此,達勒姆可以召集大陪審團,以提起對某人的刑事訴訟。2020年8月14日,Clinesmith認罪。這是達勒姆調查團隊的第一個重大成果。

而被Clinesmith針對的Carter Page,也起訴了司法部以及FBI前局長科米,要求賠償其7500萬美元。

還記得上面提到的希拉蕊競選團隊在2016年4月通過Perkins Coie公司的律師,去聘請Fusion GPS公司調查川普一事嗎?

那位律師即是Michael Sussmann,他在今年9月16日被達勒姆特別檢察官起訴,罪名是向FBI官員James Baker撒謊,隱瞞其當時是希拉蕊代理人的身份。

這是達勒姆調查團隊的第二個重大成果。

然後就是這一次了,那個幫助Steele編造Steele文件、以迫害川普的俄國人Danchenko,也在當地時間11月4日被逮捕。

怎麼逮捕這個俄國人的?呃,因為這個俄國人就住在美國,還是維吉尼亞州。罪名是向FBI做了五次虛假陳述。

達勒姆在2019年4月被司法部長授權調查整起事件的時候,還不是特別檢察官。不過,在去年,為了使達勒姆能在總統換屆後繼續他的調查,司法部長巴爾正式任命其為特別檢察官。

做了特別檢察官後,就沒人敢動他了,就像川普當時也不敢動一下穆勒一樣。

達勒姆的調查還在繼續,大家可以一直關注下去。
ես ճապոներեն չգիտեմ

When it comes to U.S. hegemony in the world, it is impossible not to mention that the fifth U.S. president, Monroe, proposed the "Monroe Doctrine" that later generations called the "capstone" of U.S. foreign policy. Its core idea is to oppose the colonization of the Americas by European powers, support the independence of Latin American countries, and the United States not to interfere in European affairs. The Monroe era was the era of power, and the expansion of powerful countries mainly depended on colonization. The Monroe Doctrine objectively ended the colonial era in the Americas. It is hard to imagine that Latin American countries could achieve independence without America's tough stance against colonizers.

The US so-called world hegemony, but all the wars in modern times are not for territory and interests, but for justice. The United States sent troops for three reasons: 1. Someone invaded other countries and disrupted the world order. 2. A humanitarian catastrophe has occurred and must be intervened. 3. A direct threat to the homeland security of the United States.

In 1994, 800,000 people were killed in a tribal vendetta in Rwanda. The United States was reviled by African countries for its failure to intervene in time: "Is the lives of hundreds of American soldiers more important than the lives of hundreds of thousands of black people?" As a result, President Clinton went to Rwanda to apologize and atone for his sins. People were not killed by the United States. What is the crime of the United States not interfering in other countries' internal affairs? It's a crime because you have the ability to stop a crime and you don't. Such high standards are only accepted by the United States.

After the First World War, in the "Versailles Convention", which was considered to be the re-division of colonies by powerful powers, almost all the powers were involved, but no one was seen to be divided up by the United States.

The Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Carrie Lam, announced on the 4th that she would give up her bid for re-election. Hong Kong media pointed out that Carrie Lam was sanctioned by the U.S. government and currently does not have a bank account or credit card.

Clinton: I tried to put Russia on another path

"In 1997, we supported the NATO-Russia Establishment Act, which gave Russia a voice in NATO affairs but no veto power, and supported Russia's entry into the G7, making it the G8," Clinton said. "

Clinton said: In 1999, at the end of the conflict in Kosovo, then-U.S. Defense Secretary Bill Cohn and the Russian Defense Minister reached an agreement under which Russian troops could join the United Nations-sanctioned NATO peacekeeping force. Throughout the process, we left the door open for Russia to eventually join NATO, something I made clear to Yeltsin and later confirmed to his successor, Putin.

Bill Clinton, the 42nd president of the United States, said in an article in The Atlantic on April 7 that his policy toward Russia during his administration in the 1990s was to "work for the best, while Expand NATO and prepare for the worst."

Clinton wrote in the article: "When I first became president, I said I would support Russian President Boris Yeltsin's efforts to build a good economy and a functioning democracy after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but I would also Support the expansion of NATO to include former Warsaw Pact members and post-Soviet states. My policy is to work for the best while preparing for the worst. My concern is not a return to communism for Russia, but a return to the extreme Nationalism, like Peter the Great and Empress Catherine the Great, replaces democracy and cooperation with a desire for empire. I don’t believe Yeltsin would do that, but who knows what will happen after him?”

Clinton said: "If Russia remains committed to the path of democracy and cooperation, we will collectively address the security challenges of our time: terrorism; racism, religious and other tribal conflicts; and the proliferation of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. If Russia chooses to resume Ultranationalist imperialism, an enlarged NATO and a growing European Union would strengthen the security of the European continent. Towards the end of my second presidency, in 1999, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic joined despite Russian objections NATO. In subsequent U.S. administrations, the alliance has added 11 more members, also in spite of Russian objections.”

"Recently, the expansion of NATO has been criticized by some as a provocation to Russia and even laid the groundwork for Putin's invasion of Ukraine," Clinton said. "Expansion was certainly an influential decision, and I still think it was the right one."

"As U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and later Secretary of State, my friend, Madeleine Albright, who died recently, was an outspoken supporter of NATO expansion. Secretary of State Warren Christopher, National Security Advisor Tony Lake, So did his successor, Sandy Berg, and two others with first-hand experience in the field. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili, who was born in Poland to Georgian parents, ten Came to America when he was a few years old; Deputy Secretary of State Step Talbot, who translated and edited Khrushchev’s memoirs when we were roommates at Oxford University in 1969 and 1970.”

"However, when I proposed the expansion of NATO, there was a lot of respectable opinion on the other side," Clinton said. The legendary diplomat George Kennan, known for his advocacy of containment during the Cold War, believed that with the fall of the Berlin Wall and Warsaw With the collapse of the Treaty Organization, NATO has lost its role. New York Times columnist Tom Friedman says Russia will feel humiliated and coerced by an enlarged NATO as it recovers from economic weakness in the last years of Communist rule When it recovers, we'll see a dire response. Mike Mandelbaum, a respected authority on Russia, also sees this as a mistake, arguing that it doesn't promote democracy or capitalism."

"I understand that a renewed conflict is a possibility," Clinton said. "But in my view, whether a conflict occurs is less about NATO and more about whether Russia remains a democracy and how it defines itself in 21. The greatness of the century. Is Russia building a modern economy based on talent in science, technology, and the arts, or is it seeking to recreate an 18th-century empire fueled by natural resources and characterized by a powerful autocratic government and a powerful military? "

"I did everything I could to help Russia make the right choices and become a great 21st century democracy," Clinton said. "My first trip outside the U.S. as president was to Vancouver, to meet Yeltsin and vouch for Russia. $1.6 billion to enable it to bring Russian soldiers home from the Baltic states and provide them with housing. In 1994, Russia became the first country to join the Partnership for Peace, an actual bilateral cooperation program that includes NATO Joint training exercises with non-NATO European countries."

Clinton said: "In the same year, the United States signed the Budapest Memorandum with Russia and the United Kingdom, guaranteeing Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity in exchange for Ukraine's agreement to give up the world's third largest nuclear arsenal. After the Bosnian War ended with the Bosnian Agreement, we reached an agreement to add Russian troops to NATO's local peacekeeping force in Bosnia. In 1997, we supported the NATO-Russia Establishment Act, which gave Russia a voice in NATO affairs , but without the veto, and supports Russia joining the G7, making it a G8.”

"In 1999, at the end of the conflict in Kosovo, then-U.S. Secretary of Defense Bill Cohn and his Russian counterpart reached an agreement under which Russian troops could join the UN-sanctioned NATO peacekeeping force," Clinton said. Russia's eventual membership in NATO is open, something I made clear to Yeltsin and later confirmed to his successor, Putin."

"In addition to all these efforts to engage Russia in NATO's post-Cold War mission, Albright and our entire national security team have worked hard to foster a positive bilateral relationship," Clinton said. "Vice President Al Gore and Russian Prime Minister Victor Che Ernomyrdin co-chaired a committee to address issues of mutual concern. We agreed to destroy 34 tons of (nuclear) weapons-grade plutonium each. We also agreed to withdraw Russian, European and NATO conventional forces from the border, although Putin rejected the plan when he was president of Russia in 2000."

"Overall, I met with Yeltsin 18 times and Putin with five times — two when he was Prime Minister Yeltsin and three times when our terms as presidents overlapped for more than 10 months," Clinton said. This is only three less than all the US-Soviet leaders' meetings from 1943 to 1991. It is wrong to think that we ignore, disrespect or try to isolate Russia. Yes, NATO expanded despite Russia's opposition, but the expansion It's not just about U.S.-Russian relations."

"When I came into office in 1993, no one thought that post-Cold War Europe would remain peaceful, stable and democratic," Clinton said. "The integration of East and West Germany is still a big question, whether the old conflicts will be as pervasive as they were in the Balkans." The outbreak of continental Europe, and how the former Warsaw Pact states and the newly independent Soviet republics will seek security not only against the threat of Russian aggression, but also from conflict with each other and within their borders. The possibility of joining the EU and NATO for Central Europe and Eastern European countries to invest in political and economic reforms and abandon their own militarization strategies provide the greatest impetus."

Clinton said: "Neither the EU nor NATO can stay within the borders that Stalin imposed in 1945. Under the leadership of such inspiring leaders as Havel in the Czech Republic, Walesa in Poland and Orban, a young pro-democracy figure in Hungary. Many countries that were once behind the Iron Curtain are seeking greater freedom, prosperity and security with the EU and NATO. Whenever I speak in Prague, Warsaw, Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia, thousands of ordinary citizens Filled the square."

Clinton said: "As former Swedish Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Carl Bildt tweeted in December 2021: 'It's not NATO looking east, it's the former Soviet satellite states and republics looking west'. Or like Kazakhstan Vail said in 2008: 'Europe is no longer, and must never be, over the heads of its people, against their will, divided into spheres of any interest or influence'. Rejecting Central European and Eastern European countries are joining NATO and that is what they are doing."

"Expanding NATO requires the unanimous consent of the coalition's then 16 members; two-thirds consent of the sometimes skeptical U.S. Senate; and close consultation with potential members to ensure that their military, economic and political reforms are consistent with NATO," Clinton said. high standards; near-constant assurances to Russia are also required.”

Clinton said: "Albright excelled at every step of the way. In fact, few diplomatic officers are so perfectly suited to the era they serve as Madeleine. In war-torn Europe, Madeleine and her The family had twice been forced to flee their homeland: first by Hitler, then by Stalin. She understood that the end of the Cold War offered an opportunity to build a free, united, prosperous and secure Europe, the first since the nation-state on the continent. Once. As U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and secretary of state, she worked to realize that vision and fight back the religious, ethnic and other tribal divisions that threatened it. Albright used the tools in her famous diplomat's toolbox Each project and her domestic political wisdom helped clear the way for the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland to join NATO in 1999."

"As a result, for more than two decades, more and more parts of Europe have achieved peace and prosperity, and our collective security has been strengthened," Clinton said. "The Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland have increased their per capita GDP by two percent. Since joining the alliance, all three countries have participated in various NATO missions, including peacekeeping forces in Kosovo. To date, no member of our defensive alliance has been invaded. In fact, even in the iron In the early years after the curtain fell, the mere prospect of joining NATO helped cool long-simmering disputes between Poland and Lithuania, Hungary and Romania, and others."

"Instead of calling into question the wisdom of NATO expansion, Russia's unprovoked and unreasonable aggression in Ukraine now proves the need for such a policy," Clinton said. "Without expansion, it is clear that Russia under Putin would not be a sufficiency. Status quo power. That led to Putin’s two invasions of Ukraine: in 2014 and this February, it wasn’t the immediate possibility of Ukraine joining NATO, but the country’s transition to democracy that threatened his authoritarian power at home, as well as control over Ukrainian soil. The desire for valuable assets underground. And it is the strength of the NATO alliance, and the threat of its credible defensive power, that thwarts the threat of Putin's members from the Baltics to Eastern Europe. As Anne Applebaum of The Atlantic recently noted Said: 'The expansion of NATO has been the most successful, or even the only really successful, U.S. foreign policy of the past 30 years...if we hadn't done that, we would have been fighting this battle now in East Germany'."

"The failure of Russian democracy, and its turn to revanchism, was not catalyzed at NATO headquarters in Brussels. It was decided by Putin in Moscow. He could have used Russia's amazing skills in information technology to create a Silicon Valley," Clinton said. competitors, and build a strong, diverse economy. Instead, he decided to monopolize and weaponize those capabilities, pushing authoritarianism at home and causing disruption abroad, including meddling in European and American politics. So we should Support President Joe Biden and our NATO allies in providing as much aid as possible to Ukraine, including military and humanitarian aid."

Clinton said: “My last conversation with Madeleine Albright was just two weeks before her death. She was typical Madeleine in the conversation, sharp and direct. It was clear she wanted to die at work and support Ukraine People fight for freedom and independence. Regarding her declining health, she (told me) said: 'I'm being well cared for. I'm doing what I can. Let's not waste time on this issue. Important It's what kind of world we're going to leave our grandchildren'."

Clinton said: "Madeleine sees her life's struggle for democracy and security as an obligation and an opportunity. She is proud of her Czech heritage and is confident that her people and their neighbors in Central and Eastern Europe will defend theirs Freedom, 'because they know the cost of losing it'. She was right about NATO when I was president, and she is right about Ukraine now. I miss her so much, but I can still hear her voice. So should all of us."

太虚一毫 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:15 am As a social media guru, Musk's every move is closely watched, and he recently asked his followers on Twitter if they need a new (social media) platform? The answer with the most likes is: buy Twitter.
Unexpectedly, he really bought Twitter!
No, he did not. At least do your homework before you make such statement.

Musk is just one of the major shareholders:

Musk.......73,486,938 shares
Vanguard ......70,375,259 shares
Morgan Stanley.....70,157,074 shares
Blackrock........51,858,827 shares
State Street Corporation 36,363,324 shares

Why did I highlight 3 companies? Those are owned by the ones who run this planet. They own 158,597,410 shares combined. Thus Musk is just a shareholder and controls nothing, zero, niente, nada, nichts....
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
thiru

RplusT wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:26 pm Musk.......73,486,938 shares
Vanguard ......70,375,259 shares
Morgan Stanley.....70,157,074 shares
Blackrock........51,858,827 shares
State Street Corporation 36,363,324 shares
Absolutely. I'm sick of telling people that these 3 companies own almost the entire market space. These guys decide every damn thing including the war, if you like it or not. The media, pharmaceuticals, etc etc are controlled by these fellows. If you guys still got any doubt, go to yahoo finance and check the shareholder listing of any god damn known company...

Ukraine is something that they are using to pursue their own agenda (what's the agenda, only God knows). in this game Russia and Ukraine are casualties. Two countries that are culturally similar for centuries will be enemies forever.. and they keep pushing the Putin agenda. Why? they simply could not break Russia for their own benefits.. Why Russia again, it's the energy superpower and they don't have control over that. When are you guys going to understand this?

People are dumb and get carried away with media nonsense.

These users thanked the author thiru for the post:
RplusT

During World War II, the total amount of aid materials provided by the United States to the Soviet Union alone was as high as 11.141 billion US dollars (equivalent to trillions of dollars now). These materials include 14,018 aircraft of various types, 22,800 armored vehicles, 7,944 anti-aircraft guns, 108,293 submachine guns, and smokeless gunpowder. 130,713 tons, 1,322,374 tons of TNT, 346,000 tons of explosives, 1,977 locomotives, 35,000 motorcycles, 105 anti-submarine ships and the same number of submarines.