Re: Is The Earth Flat ?

Ogee wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:49 am oh right, I see the clown has been out spamming this thread as well, you see no one is allowed to think or say anything the clown objects to because the clown has made himself the official arbiter of the forum ffs.
Correct. There was no thinking going on in this thread so don't be too offended.

All starts with the horizon. As objects recede from you, they begin to look smaller and slowly disappear in a very unique way: first their bottoms become hidden, and then their tops. If you’ve ever watched a ship on the horizon, you’ve seen this for yourself. Similarly, from a great distance the tops of tall objects, like mountains, are visible well before their bases.

During a lunar eclipse, the Earth passes between the sun and the moon, allowing the Earth to cast its shadow on the moon. That shadow is always a circle, no matter where you are on the planet, no matter the timing of the eclipse. Always. I could give you 100 more examples.

So the question isn’t "why do people believe in a flat Earth" but rather "why do people believe in a conspiracy?" And the answer is the same reason it always is: a lack of trust.
Many people don’t trust the society around them, most notably the representatives of that society, meaning the Government, specially if you voted for the ones who lost the elections and you feel betrayed.

Then you start making dumb questions. The Covid topic is also a perfect example.

Nbats7979 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:53 am Correct. There was no thinking going on in this thread so don't be too offended.
Guess might as well nip this one in the bud before it starts. Nbats7979 has been banned, not because his opinion differs but because when another opinion is different than his he chooses to harass the person to no end. We welcome all opinions, but there is no need to harass or demean another person because their opinion is different. That goes for the covid thread, this thread, and others. So please lets keep it civil.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
Ogee, BeatlemaniaSA, Skyold, RplusT, Krunal Gajjar, trailingedge, nathanvbasko

I must add that the current most relevant map of the flat earth has issues.

for example in Australia, the sun rises from the south-east and sets to the south-west. so kinda the opposite of where the sun is supposed to be on the flat earth

so my guess is the azimuthal-equidistant map is wrong also. the real map is unknown

also Australia is stretched out horizontally, it's not right
btw, i felt the earth moving yesterday. or maybe I was just drunk :cry:

wojtek wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:56 pm Is the Sun also flat? So many questions. :think:
yep I have many questions too. For example why is the light of the moon COOLER than its shadow ?

also if moon's light was sun's reflected, astronauts on the moon would've been blinded blind by the strength of the light...(to have the same light strength on earth)