Re: Why I think The Holy Grail cannot exist

ionone wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:24 pm
These are three trades in one clear uptrend move (why do you need three; wouldn't one have been enough?)

Either one wastes one's lifetime searching for the "holy grail", i. e. something that doesn't exist, or one learns how to trade, instead.
(Besides: The Holy Grail (French: Saint Graal, Breton: Graal Santel, Welsh: Greal Sanctaidd, Cornish: Gral) is a treasure that serves as an important motif in Arthurian literature. Different traditions describe it as a cup, dish or stone with miraculous powers that provides eternal youth or sustenance in infinite abundance, often in the custody of the Fisher King.)
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
maroka

josi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:45 pm These are three trades in one clear uptrend move (why do you need three; wouldn't one have been enough?)

Either one wastes one's lifetime searching for the "holy grail", i. e. something that doesn't exist, or one learns how to trade, instead.
(Besides: The Holy Grail (French: Saint Graal, Breton: Graal Santel, Welsh: Greal Sanctaidd, Cornish: Gral) is a treasure that serves as an important motif in Arthurian literature. Different traditions describe it as a cup, dish or stone with miraculous powers that provides eternal youth or sustenance in infinite abundance, often in the custody of the Fisher King.)
;)
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

A holy grail is a trading system that does not take losses and experiences minimal drawdown.

A holy grail trading system is quite simply a perfect trading system.

in the world of programming, a concept must first be drawn up as a flowchart and then the code can be written for each module of the flowchart and then it all gets plugged in together.. to attempt to design complex software without first drawing up a basic definition of the concept and a detailed and complete flowchart is like trying to build a cruise ship or a skyscraper building without first drawing up blueprints.

ZZTop wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:04 pm Yeah, CCI is better than Stoch and RSI, IMO, shows clearly divergences also must have "long" trend tool, and Bollinger Bands has this "Bell curve possibility", but I am sure you could use only CCI and nothing else and make money every day. Just some practice and learn when fails and why and what to do with that info and so on...

Dear @ZZTop,
Your idea seems cool!
Were the bands in main chart window four Bollinger Bands? Could you share the settings about the bands, please?

Thanks a lot.

I think most Traders have a misconception what a holy grail is. Or maybe rather that I have a different view about the Holy Grail.

For me the Holy Grail has nothing to do with the winrate or having no losses or whatever.

Does your System perfectly fit your personality and style of trading?
Does your System perfectly fit the way you view the Market?

If you can answer both with yes then you found your Holy Grail.

A quick example...

My main source of income comes from scalping indices:

I am very good at waiting for the right setup, but I am very bad at holding trades.
Thats why I scalp, my personality traits are favourable for that.

I cant look the whole day on the screen and wait for a setup. In theory I could, but I simply lack focus at some point and miss setups.
So what I do? I only trade at a specific time of the Day for about 30minutes (if even).

Now I add certain levels and other confluences in my trading to get a consistent way of entering the setups, all those levels and confluences make a lot of sense to me, so I have 100% confidence in them.

This is for me my holy grail. I take losses, I am not getting 1:200RR.

But this system is perfect for me,likely the best system that I am ever going to find for me. My Holy Grail
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 4):
erynade, Jedidiah, KAESER444, maroka
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

ionone wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 pm Ok let's suppose we have the supa dupa holy grail that never fails.
on the upper section of the graph, we have some price action. as you can see, the holy grail indicator predicted perfectly the ups and downs of the price
WOW that's one helluva indicator....right ?
RIGHT?

then let's suppose one month later we have the exact same price action (won't happen but could happen). Of course the holy grail indicator will put an up arrow at the exact same place as before right ? because nothing changed, the price action is *exactly* the same. The indicator doesn't have a crystal ball that will tell him price will go down this time.
so the indicator will put an up arrow, and what happens next, price goes down violently.
then the holy grail was wrong.

this is for me the absolute proof that a no-loss indicator cannot exist.

what do you think ?

Jeff

The Holy Grail DOES! exists...Look at how successful politicians are...they trade with no losses...as far as I can tell...