Viruses in PDF files?

Do you think it's possible ? I've read PDFs can have code that access anywhete on the interweb
thus it could download almost anything and run it or even have some viruses embedded in the PDF !

a quote :
"Yes, Adobe PDF documents can carry various types of viruses or malicious executable code. Malware is primarily hidden in multimedia content, hyperlinks, JavaScript code, and system commands. The malware attack executes when users open the file or interact with the embedded content after opening."

thanks
Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
mancangkul

Re: Viruses in PDF files?

ionone wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:12 pm do you think .DOCX documents can have them as well ?
Yes DOCX can have "Worm" scripts. There are more infected DOCX files than PDF's.
The thing is .doc and .xls extensions have not been the default extension since Office 2007 so .DOCX is now taking over.

Do you have any concerns or certain files from some sites that you are worried about?
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
erynade
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

I'm not afraid of some particular file, just to be careful with possible hidden malware. I didn't know there could be some in PDFs

Borshchov A.N. wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:45 pm What are you discussing ... 90% of the indicators that go around the Internet are closed source "ex." format. And everyone downloads them without even suspecting that programming a virus there is as easy as shelling pears.
I don't think you could add a virus/trojan to a EX4 or even EX5 format indicator or EA. I don't think it's possible at all
with a DLL ok, but if not I don't see how
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

QuestionRe: Viruses in PDF files?

Borshchov A.N. wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:45 pm What are you discussing ... 90% of the indicators that go around the Internet are closed source "ex." format. And everyone downloads them without even suspecting that programming a virus there is as easy as shelling pears.
did u ever see any ex4 ex5 with a virus?? :think: :think: :think:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 pm did u ever see any ex4 ex5 with a virus?? :think: :think: :think:
I do not download closed-source indicators ... at least so that there will be no problems in the updated versions of the terminal in the future. I know of a case when a program with automatic sending of screenshots was installed along with the indicator.

It can easily be understood. Any indicator can send many various notifications
and information regarding the trading accounts in which it operates. This option
can simply be hidden (as it's external for many indicators used), and the third-party
e-mail / phone number can be involved. Apart from this, any compiled file can stop
to work for the next version of MT4, or MetaCompany can stop to support MT4,
or one will want to use other platform than MT4, etc.
These users thanked the author wojtek for the post:
Borshchov A.N.