Re: MetaQuotes news

All Windows versions are crutches, "stable" only when you don't challenge it. Millennium and Vista were more bugs than OSs. When you want a stable and innovative OS try a Linux distro and you'll see what else is possible.

But does that mean against the rumor v1090 isn't the last update for MT4?

nbtrading wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:41 pm XP was stable - unlike the new stuff. You can never know with these newer OSs what is going on
I agree
I still believe win 2000 was the best windows produced...I like XP and Win 7 because the user has control.
When it comes to pass that I have to leave Win 7, I will switch to a Linux distro.
I have refused to put win 8 or 10 because of the microsoft spyware.

MetaQuotes Software, the developer of the popular MetaTrader 4 and 5 multiasset trading platforms, announced it has launched two embeddable widgets that can be added to any site.
The first one is an Economic Calendar that “significantly expands the capabilities of fundamental traders”. The other one is a web platform widget. The code allows website owners and broker partners to embed the web platform of MT4 or MT5 on their website and to include the servers of their partner brokers.

mlawson71 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 pm MetaQuotes Software, the developer of the popular MetaTrader 4 and 5 multiasset trading platforms, announced it has launched two embeddable widgets that can be added to any site.
The first one is an Economic Calendar that “significantly expands the capabilities of fundamental traders”. The other one is a web platform widget. The code allows website owners and broker partners to embed the web platform of MT4 or MT5 on their website and to include the servers of their partner brokers.
The web platform exist for quite some time - and is very limited when it comes to what can be used when you use it (ie: no custom coding for it, the "31 technical indicators" is hardly what one has in mind when it comes to what traders are used to when it comes metatrader - MT4 or MT5, does not matter)

The economic calendar is, unfortunately, not opened yet for accessing from mql (unless we use the "usual set of tricks" to access some of the sites with widgets attached)

Some more (big) steps needed for substantial change

dear all
I wanted to reinstall metatrader 4 and download the setup
But I get only the setup file of MT5 synonymous when I MT4 download select.
Behind every download button (MT 4) i get setup file MT5.

Does anyone know the problem? Is MT 4 no longer offered to download from metaquotes?
Best regards Markus
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

marwilli wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 pm dear all
I wanted to reinstall metatrader 4 and download the setup
But I get only the setup file of MT5 synonymous when I MT4 download select.
Behind every download button (MT 4) i get setup file MT5.

Does anyone know the problem? Is MT 4 no longer offered to download from metaquotes?
Best regards Markus
It's still available! I tried it and managed to download it from there by clicking on the MT4 tab
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm
It's still available! I tried it and managed to download it from there by clicking on the MT4 tab
thanks for your link, i´ve checked it, but that is exactly, what i mean. The setup file is for MT 5 NOT for MT4.
Attachments

yes I know that. My question was whether metaquotes basically no MT4 downloads more offers. Is there an official info?
I like to use the orignal software of the developer and reluctantly the modified versions of the brokers.
but thanks all for the feedback.
best regards Markus