Re: MetaQuotes Obtains Injunction against PFSoft for Patent Misuse

TheNews wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 5:24 am The developer of the MetaTrader suite claims that its competitor has misused intellectual property

The developer of the most-popular trading platform for forex, MetaQuotes has filed legal action against the developer of the ProTrader suite PFSoft. The lawsuit includes PFSoft LLC Ukraine, PFSoft Ltd Belize and PFSoft Cyprus. The allegations of the suitor are that the defendant misused intellectual property which is in use in ProTrader .Net Station, ProTrader 2, ProTrader 3 and ProTrader Multi-Connect (PTMC).

The intellectual property has been used in the MetaTrader suite of products and concerns MetaTrader 4, MQL4 IDE, MQL4 and MetaTrader 5.

MetaQuotes filed the action in a Cypriot court and obtained an injunction on the 9th of May this year. According to the court order, PFSoft has to remove from its products certain files, applications, components, libraries and programs which belong to the developer of the MetaTrader suite.
PFSoft Response

According to the court order, PFSoft is also required to block all access to the company’s software within 30 days, unless the misuse of the intellectual property is ceased. The injunction is in force until the final judgement on the case is issued.

Commenting on the news, the Global Head of Business Development at PFSOFT, Roman Nalivayko stated to Finance Magnates: “We disagree on merits with accusations raised by MetaQuotes and we decided to defend our position in court. However, as a gesture of goodwill and in order to protect the business of our customers we have decided to satisfy MetaQuotes’ demands.”

Re: MetaQuotes news

Support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017

Windows XP was released almost 16 years ago, on 25th of October, 2001. It is now considered to be an outdated operating system. Microsoft stopped supporting this system 3 years ago, because potential hardware capabilities could no longer be realized on Windows XP due to technical limitations.

Being an outdated system, Windows XP features a number of dangerous vulnerabilities, one of which was recently revealed by the WannaCry encryptor. That is why:
The MetaTrader platforms will no longer support Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista after 01 October 2017.
Older versions of MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 will continue to work on these systems, but will not be able to receive updates after 01 October 2017. Also, installers will not run on these operating systems.

The minimum required operating system version for running MetaTrader 4/5 will be Windows 7. However, we strongly recommend using the 64-bit versions of Windows 10.
......................................................................................
Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.

I really, really liked WinXP and I refused to move onto Win7 for a while after Microsoft had discontinued its support, but eventually it became necessary as the OS became really unstable. I can't imagine what it would be like now, if I had stayed on it. Does anyone even use it still?

mlawson71 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm I really, really liked WinXP and I refused to move onto Win7 for a while after Microsoft had discontinued its support, but eventually it became necessary as the OS became really unstable. I can't imagine what it would be like now, if I had stayed on it. Does anyone even use it still?
If there is no support when something happens and you face with loosing important data, then nothing will be available to be renewed. Better to use a bit creepy product but a kind of support :)

FrancoisT wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:28 am If there is no support when something happens and you face with loosing important data, then nothing will be available to be renewed. Better to use a bit creepy product but a kind of support :)
That was my reasoning as well.
What do you think about Win10 and trading platforms? Is it a stable combination?

mlawson71 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:37 pm That was my reasoning as well.
What do you think about Win10 and trading platforms? Is it a stable combination?
So far after Win10 updates, all MT4 accounts are loosing stored login passes. This in general is not such a big issue, just I hope next update to be scheduled after 6 mounts at least :).

FrancoisT wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 pm So far after Win10 updates, all MT4 accounts are loosing stored login passes. This in general is not such a big issue, just I hope next update to be scheduled after 6 mounts at least :).
I did hear something about that. It still sounds incredibly annoying to deal with.

I experience the same discrepancy – after the last update the MT4 wanted to Log in and it didn’t store my pass. Indeed it is pretty annoying especially when you want to trade and you think you know your pass but you kinda not :D Thanks God my Brokers has a support that starts from Sunday so they helped :)