IndicatorUnderstanding MTF Waddah Mechanics

Good evening! Thanks for accepting me in the forum.
In a old conversation about Waddah Attar Explosion, I found a Multi Time frame version which I would like to use for testing some EAs. However When I run this indicator in backtesting, it freezes and it does not update higher time frames, photo below. I don't know if it freezes also in real time but I'm not able to understand the problem and if this is a problem that I can resolve in some manner.

I also attach the indicator which I found, coded by mladen.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Understanding MTF Waddah Mechanics

hernandez wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:01 am Good evening! Thanks for accepting me in the forum.
In a old conversation about Waddah Attar Explosion, I found a Multi Time frame version which I would like to use for testing some EAs. However When I run this indicator in backtesting, it freezes and it does not update higher time frames, photo below. I don't know if it freezes also in real time but I'm not able to understand the problem and if this is a problem that I can resolve in some manner.

I also attach the indicator which I found, coded by mladen.

Thanks for your help in advance!
simply put.. when backtesting you are backtesting the data of the timeframe you have chosen.

Lets say you chose the 15min Timeframe.. if you use a HTF for the Waddah indicator then you need to have the Data from that as well.. so thats where you run into the problem. It has nothing to do with the indicator itself.

I am not a big backtesting maniac, so I cant tell you if there is a backtesting software that can solve this problem.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
hernandez
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:13 am Lets say you chose the 15min Timeframe.. if you use a HTF for the Waddah indicator then you need to have the Data from that as well.. so thats where you run into the problem. It has nothing to do with the indicator itself.
Thanks for your quick answer. Is this problem replaced by ICustom and IBarShift functions? Selecting the timeframe of reference I want I mean. For example I have some EAs where I'm at m5 timeframe and I get H1 indicators values.

Is there a way to get the same values while I'm backtesting of the attached indicator in real time?

Update:

Using standard Waddah Attar Explosion I get the values of the indicator at higher timeframes, but shifted, for example, I draw vertical green lines when waddah m5 is long and vertical red lines when waddah m5 is short, look at the perfect shift in the image below:

Re-Update:

Obviusly I need to draw the lines 5 shifts before instead of 1 so it's just a visual bug, I'm reading the Waddah attar explosion data directly instead of reading from this custom indicator using iCustom function.
Attachments
example example
example 2 example 2

I wonder how the multi time frame can work actually. For example suppose it's 19:37 and we are in the m1 chart. How does this indicator is able tu put green or red color squares at the time 19:37 for the 5min chart if the candle is forming?

I noticed that this indicator repaints older squares of higher time frame which could be problematic for me. I'm trying to understand if I can have the Waddah attar m5 value at the close of every m1 candle in that time, this would be realistic.