How many EAs are you running on your MT4? Is your MT4 lagging?

Hi,

i wanted to ask about how many EAs are you running on your MT4. I have noticed that if i open more than 10 charts and place the dedicated template && EA on that chart, the mt4 starts to lag ever more, up to the point where it doesent open the trade when it should. How do i know it doesent? My EAs are comprised out of multiple (max 4) iCustoms where i get the value of an indicator (indicators like Adaptive jurik filter, super smoothed average trend, step nema, volatility quality histo, to name a few). Also i have a template made for the pair with the values i use on the EA so i can see manually if the entry should be open. Also, if i run the EA in the tester for the timeframe where its suppose to open, i see that it did indeed open on the tester, but not on the live trading. Yes i have live trading enabled. And the EAs in the past did open the positions, but it looks like once theres too much of then, the MT4 starts lagging alot.

How can one improve the processing of MT4? If i remove my templates and use EAs only on the naked chart? Is there another way, like to test the memory leakage of MT4? And settings one can fiddle with that would improve MT4? I've seen somewhere that MT4 works bad on a multi-core processor, anyone has any more insight on that?

Re: How many EAs are you running on your MT4? Is your MT4 lagging?

msthunder1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:48 pm

How can one improve the processing of MT4? If i remove my templates and use EAs only on the naked chart? Is there another way, like to test the memory leakage of MT4? And settings one can fiddle with that would improve MT4? I've seen somewhere that MT4 works bad on a multi-core processor, anyone has any more insight on that?
Yes there is something about multi-core use but at end of day MT4 is old and has limited resources.

- Cut back on the number loaded indicators you don't use in the navigator panel.

- Cut back on the loaded history in the Tools > options > charts.

- Trial running multiple MT4 platforms at once.

Re: How many EAs are you running on your MT4? Is your MT4 lagging?

sebking1986 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:35 am When I previously used an EA I had it running on 12 pairs and the way I got around it was to use a multi-core VPS with decent RAM or you will as you say experience severe lag.
MT4's trading operations are single-threaded. Multiple EAs can run at the same time in terms of having their start() function called, but cannot trade at the same time. See https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1412

OP switch to MT5 and use multicore VPS.
Funding good traders at https://traderswithedge.com