Help with code change to fit EABuilder

mr. tools and Mladen,

I bought an EABuilder software for generating EA's without any coding know-how. But for the main indicator I need to use in my EA design (please see attached MQL4 file) the EABuilder program generates an error message and does not compile code involving the attached indicator to work at all. The message is as follows: Important: Custom indicators used in any EA must be programmed in the new MQL4 language. The MQL4 language has changed significantly since build 600 at the beginning of 2014. Old, incompatible indicators include the functions init() and start(), whereas new indicators include the functions OnInit() and OnCalculate().

I got the attached indicator from mr, tools in Forex-TSD, I am aware there are "new formats" developed by Mladen that are improved versions. However, my request strictly concerns the version attached. It suits my needs exactly because it has specific properties I used in my EA design that are not available in the "new formats" - is it possible therefore to have the attached tool adjusted to work with my EABuilder? That is, is it possible to correct the code to eliminate the functions no longer in use in MT4 build 600 + while keeping the properties of the attached indicators as is?

I would be very grateful for help on this as this EA design depends almost completely on having this tool work with the EABuilder. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with code change to fit EABuilder

Darkdoji wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm mr. tools and Mladen,

I bought an EABuilder software for generating EA's without any coding know-how. But for the main indicator I need to use in my EA design (please see attached MQL4 file) the EABuilder program generates an error message and does not compile code involving the attached indicator to work at all. The message is as follows: Important: Custom indicators used in any EA must be programmed in the new MQL4 language. The MQL4 language has changed significantly since build 600 at the beginning of 2014. Old, incompatible indicators include the functions init() and start(), whereas new indicators include the functions OnInit() and OnCalculate().

I got the attached indicator from mr, tools in Forex-TSD, I am aware there are "new formats" developed by Mladen that are improved versions. However, my request strictly concerns the version attached. It suits my needs exactly because it has specific properties I used in my EA design that are not available in the "new formats" - is it possible therefore to have the attached tool adjusted to work with my EABuilder? That is, is it possible to correct the code to eliminate the functions no longer in use in MT4 build 600 + while keeping the properties of the attached indicators as is?

I would be very grateful for help on this as this EA design depends almost completely on having this tool work with the EABuilder. Thanks in advance.
This should work

mrtools wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:24 pm

This should work
Hi mr. tools I downloaded and tested but it still comes up with error message. I do not know how much time you have now but I was thinking that maybe what would be even nicer is a new indicator with the same properties (exactly as this) but with the BB part coded to reflect the correct math of BBB. If then compiled as a new indicator I assume (as a complete layman) that not only should it work but in fact it should be a more improved (as in accurate) indicator. Thanks so much though for your effort and time - I am grateful.

Darkdoji wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:21 pm Hi mr. tools I downloaded and tested but it still comes up with error message. I do not know how much time you have now but I was thinking that maybe what would be even nicer is a new indicator with the same properties (exactly as this) but with the BB part coded to reflect the correct math of BBB. If then compiled as a new indicator I assume (as a complete layman) that not only should it work but in fact it should be a more improved (as in accurate) indicator. Thanks so much though for your effort and time - I am grateful.
This one should be the complete new mt4 and using the same setup as the old version (built in ma's and standard deviation) but using the new format it's a couple of bars faster in some cases.

mrtools wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:00 am

This one should be the complete new mt4 and using the same setup as the old version (built in ma's and standard deviation) but using the new format it's a couple of bars faster in some cases.
mr. tools,

I have spent time testing it first on the EABuilder and then looking at its display on charts.
1) On the EABuilder it works but only in the sense that the builder now recognizes and loads it. But for some reason it is unable to trade it such that when you code with the tool you get no results using the tester (MT4)
2) It could be that the EABuilder has a bug because I did everything I know but it simply did not work (i.e. report any trades). There are many tools that draw a blank with the EABuilder that is why I think it may have a bug since in theory once it admits a tool that tool should be able to register trades. The support from EABuilders is so far in my experience pretty weak to not so helpful (like they are overworked).
3) But more critical to me now is that there is a clear problem with the display on charts - please see the difference between the old version and the new version in terms of display - in the new version the bullish line does not display beyond the first point and as you can see from the attached screenshots it is simply not visible - while the bearish line displays - but with some distortions as you can see from the screenshots. Can you do something to correct the display of the new to be like the old functionally? Thank you very much.
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:00 am

Hi mr. tools,
It appears you have not had time to review my last penultimate post or may be you have not seen it. My specific need or concern at this time relates to item "3" in that post - i.e. for you to get the lines of the indicator displaying correctly per the old indicator. As you can see from the screenshots in the said post the new indicator's display is rather worrisome. Thank you very much in anticipation.
:D

Darkdoji wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 pm Hi mr. tools,
It appears you have not had time to review my last penultimate post or may be you have not seen it. My specific need or concern at this time relates to item "3" in that post - i.e. for you to get the lines of the indicator displaying correctly per the old indicator. As you can see from the screenshots in the said post the new indicator's display is rather worrisome. Thank you very much in anticipation.
:D
Think i found the problem try this one.