Re: MT4 Real Volume

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:44 pm Not possible in FX, you must take Futures instead. You only can use volume ticks - it's very similar and once you learned to read it, you continue. FX also has a little delay in the data feed, that's why a DOM doesn't make much sense in FX.
is there a way to combine overall tick volume for all the pairs,just to see if there is activity,is there a way to programm this into a software Krelian99?

sunnym wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:51 pm

is there a way to combine overall tick volume for all the pairs,just to see if there is activity,is there a way to programm this into a software Krelian99?
You can but the issue is not if you can or can not
"Volumes" are ticks - not volumes, and you can see that they are cyclical (which is normal) - starting from European session till the end of US session. You don't need to look at the volumes at all - somewhere at 13.30 GMT you shall have the peaks regardless of the days - exception is only if some CB is having announcement at some other time

sunnym wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:51 pm is there a way to combine overall tick volume for all the pairs,just to see if there is activity,is there a way to programm this into a software Krelian99?
You can trade Futures of single currencies as index with volume and pipapo, but I never heard and saw something like that for FX yet.
mladen wrote: You can but the issue is not if you can or can not
"Volumes" are ticks - not volumes, and you can see that they are cyclical (which is normal) - starting from European session till the end of US session. You don't need to look at the volumes at all - somewhere at 13.30 GMT you shall have the peaks regardless of the days - exception is only if some CB is having announcement at some other time
Of course more orders will be filled while London and NY sessions, but the question isn't that volume raises in that time, because you must always see it in relation to at least the last one or two bars. The question is when and where it raises. For stopping the market, turning at an obstacle or breaking through the obstacle you need power. The mind of the mass wants a neverending trend, but this is nonsense and would be fatal. So, a market needs at least retracements from time to time to stay healthy. When big traders sell into Highs or buy into Lows volume must raise. Imagine a big boat and when you want to stop or change direction or turn around. What do you need and what do you see as result in the water? Physically or by equation you can't combine input and output, or here volume and volume ticks, but they clearly correlate with each other and I know some state space algorithms (like an observer) doing right that with e.g. earth quakes or fight jet engines (having only the output and predicting an input). It's the basic rule of effort and effect and it is also a basic in the stock market since it exists. It can be used in every tf (M1 isn't very good but still useful) and I guess, 3D is often better than 2D ;)

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:54 pm

You can trade Futures of single currencies as index with volume and pipapo, but I never heard and saw something like that for FX yet.

Of course more orders will be filled while London and NY sessions, but the question isn't that volume raises in that time, because you must always see it in relation to at least the last one or two bars. The question is when and where it raises. For stopping the market, turning at an obstacle or breaking through the obstacle you need power. The mind of the mass wants a neverending trend, but this is nonsense and would be fatal. So, a market needs at least retracements from time to time to stay healthy. When big traders sell into Highs or buy into Lows volume must raise. Imagine a big boat and when you want to stop or change direction or turn around. What do you need and what do you see as result in the water? Physically or by equation you can't combine input and output, or here volume and volume ticks, but they clearly correlate with each other and I know some state space algorithms (like an observer) doing right that with e.g. earth quakes or fight jet engines (having only the output and predicting an input). It's the basic rule of effort and effect and it is also a basic in the stock market since it exists. It can be used in every tf (M1 isn't very good but still useful) and I guess, 3D is often better than 2D ;)
We are tending to forget one thing :

A big order takes a tick or two
And it changes the price substantially
And then comes the "flood" of ticklets - which are actually insignificant

So, if we don't have the real volumes but just ticks, we are looking at an invented story, not in the real deal

Actually, order book, volume, volume ticks and delta (Bid-Ask-spread) is eventually the same, but must be read a bit differently. It isn't my intension to persuade you taking a deeper look on that. I just can say, these ticks are my leading indi for two years now and I don't want to miss them. Alone, ticks or delta are useless, but seen in relation what happens on the chart, you can read the whole chart (no guessing), the same with volume, but you don't need volume at all.

I choose ticks and mastering them it changed my view on the market massively and I would say without one of the four kinds of looking on order filling one is blind on the chart. I don't want to be blind anymore and to be restricted to a few patterns.