Non-repainting for MTF version of indicator, and counting back further on chart

This is a very excellent indicator, I think put together by one of the masters.

It is a WPR for any timeframe, with a moving average of the WPR values.

I would like to update and upgrade the indicator just two small things.

1. I would like the MTF version - if you put M15 on M5 timeframe, for example, not to repaint when changing timeframes if that is possible, so it calculates what the moving WPR would have been on that timeframe, instead of repainting it.

2. I would like the indicator to count back much further. Even if I change the countback bars, even if the MA goes back far enough, the WPR does not go back far.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Non-repainting for MTF version of indicator, and counting back further on chart

econome wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:17 am WPR_MA_STF_M15.mq4This is a very excellent indicator, I think put together by one of the masters.

1. I would like the MTF version - if you put M15 on M5 timeframe, for example, not to repaint when changing timeframes if that is possible, so it calculates what the moving WPR would have been on that timeframe, instead of repainting it.

2. I would like the indicator to count back much further. Even if I change the countback bars, even if the MA goes back far enough, the WPR does not go back far.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you try using stochastic instead?

Re: Non-repainting for MTF version of indicator, and counting back further on chart

econome wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:17 am WPR_MA_STF_M15.mq4This is a very excellent indicator, I think put together by one of the masters.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Econome, the indicator you posted needs "W%R_MA_LC" to work, by any chance do you have it?

Dear both, it is great to have 2 masters on board. To Mladen, I prefer this indicator, I use stochastic oscillators as well.
Here enclosed is the W%R_MA_LC indicator that is required for this to work.

What I have found is that by adjusting the settings on the 5 minute time frame (just multiplying by 3) it gives the similar signals as a non-repainting version of the MTF version set to M15 on the M5 chart.

However, the WPR still does not go back far, even when the MA goes back far.

For data collection this is essential.

I have added a chart example from this morning.

TOP WPR_MA is M5 Chart
MIDDLE WPR_MA is M15 Chart
BOTTOM WPR_MA is M5 Chart, multipled x 3 for M15 settings 'mock' NRP and is more accurate.

Best wishes to you both

econome.

An alternative way to solve this is to use the built in function for WPR on my data collection script.
But it seems a problem to collect the data from the average.
So the lines in the script are:

Code: Select all

FileDelete(outputFile);
   string line = "WPR1;WPRMA1\n";
   int    handle = FileOpen(outputFile,FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,";");
   Comment("STARTING COLLECTION OF DATA");
   for(int i = 0;i<Bars;i++)
   {
double 
WPR1 = iWPR(NULL, NULL,21,i),
WPRMA1 = iMAOnArray(WPR1,i,5,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); /********/
StringAdd(line,t+";"+(string)WPR1+";"+(string)WPRMA1+"/n");
But the line commented******* gives the error:

WPR1 - parameter conversion not allowed.

Can anyone help?

WPR1 - parameter conversion not allowed

econome wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm An alternative way to solve this is to use the built in function for WPR on my data collection script.
But it seems a problem to collect the data from the average.
So the lines in the script are:

Code: Select all

FileDelete(outputFile);
   string line = "WPR1;WPRMA1\n";
   int    handle = FileOpen(outputFile,FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,";");
   Comment("STARTING COLLECTION OF DATA");
   for(int i = 0;i<Bars;i++)
   {
double 
WPR1 = iWPR(NULL, NULL,21,i),
WPRMA1 = iMAOnArray(WPR1,i,5,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); /********/
StringAdd(line,t+";"+(string)WPR1+";"+(string)WPRMA1+"/n");
But the line commented******* gives the error:

WPR1 - parameter conversion not allowed.

Can anyone help?

WPR1 - parameter conversion not allowed
WPR1 is not an array
To use it in iMAOnArray() it must be an array