Re: Wave trend Oscillator

traderduke wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:19 am mladen
I want to use the attached file in a EA and I have tried to find the "trend buffer number " buy using the "test indicator output" up to 20 buffers but no luck. Can you tell me the trend buffer number or provide the mql source file?

Thank you
Ray

Wave trend oscillator 1.5.ex4
Ray

Use buffer No. 13 (like that 13 - since it is the 14 buffer)

mladen
Thanks for that, when I ran the test indicator it showed all 0 so I thought it was an empty buffer. Now I can see all the O's with a few 1's(30, 33, 34 35)
see attached.
1. I guess I need to know what controls the trend,
2. I see 5 potential color changes, are there 5 trends
3. Are there three types of trend (0,1,-1).

I could answer all my own questions and set up trend numbers if I had the source fill, sorry to be such a bother.
PS; this was neat seeing a answer message waiting for me, will the inputs be on the thread or are this PMs.
Thank You
Ray

traderduke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:07 am mladen
Thanks for that, when I ran the test indicator it showed all 0 so I thought it was an empty buffer. Now I can see all the O's with a few 1's(30, 33, 34 35)
see attached.
1. I guess I need to know what controls the trend,
2. I see 5 potential color changes, are there 5 trends
3. Are there three types of trend (0,1,-1).

I could answer all my own questions and set up trend numbers if I had the source fill, sorry to be such a bother.
PS; this was neat seeing a answer message waiting for me, will the inputs be on the thread or are this PMs.
Thank You
Ray

4-23-2017 2-52-48 PM-WTv1.5.png
Ray

I have no idea what are you doing from your code
This is what is in buffer N0,13

As you can see, there are no hidden states. If the value is 1, then the trend is up. If the value is -1, then the trend is down, Otherwise the value is 0

mladen wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:43 am Ray

I have no idea what are you doing from your code
This is what is in buffer N0,13

Mladen
Thank you that explanation help me understand the buffer 13. It only registers above or below the outer level, so many 0's.
Can you set up a "trend on signal line cross" or switch the present trend to signal line cross, no need for "0". I think that will be more helpful.

Thank You
Ray

wave trend.png

As you can see, there are no hidden states. If the value is 1, then the trend is up. If the value is -1, then the trend is down, Otherwise the value is 0

mladen wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:58 pm Ray

There is no signal line in that indicator
The trend is set when all the conditions are met - otherwise it would not perform nearly the same if that is changed
Mladen
My mistake Its called" sinal line cross" with options 0-4 this is option "1". It smooths some of the slope color but is one candle later then option "0".
thank you
Ray
see minor changes

Slope change
sinal line cross

traderduke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 pm Mladen
My mistake Its called" sinal line cross" with options 0-4 this is option "1". It smooths some of the slope color but is one candle later then option "0".
thank you
Ray
Ray

I am afraid you lost me :oops:
That buffer has those values when the conditions are met. There is no lag. Depending on the parameters and the values displayed, those are the exact bars/time when that should/must be set

traderduke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:22 pm mladen
our messages are get tangled.
My mistake Its called" sinal line cross" with options 0-4 this is option "1". Can we get a trend for this option 1?
thank you
Ray
Ray

Use color change option for that (the buffer remains the same)
Color change enums :

Code: Select all

enum enColorOn
{
   cl_slope, // Change color on slope change
   cl_sign,  // Change color on signal line cross
   cl_mid,   // Change color on zero level cross
   cl_inc,   // Change color on inner levels cross
   cl_out    // Change color on outer levels cross
};