MT5 and function iCustom

Dear all,

my target is to use one indicator and modify the values in MT5 via the iCustom function .
It was a success using the attached code ( TestCopyArray3 ) with the attached tsis.mq5 indi but it doesnt' work with the attached relation.mq5 indi.
Could you please help me ?

ps: the indi Relation needs the Matrices.mqh file available here

Re: MT5 and function iCustom

Dear malden,

may be we are close to the solution....if it works on your terminal should work also on mine but this is not happening.
I've paste and copy your indi ( changing also form EURUSD.m to EURUSD ...etc..) but the result is what you see ...nothing.
I'm pretty sure there is a mistake in my configuration ...could you help me ?

andreatrade1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 11:51 pm
Dear malden,

may be we are close to the solution....if it works on your terminal should work also on mine but this is not happening.
I've paste and copy your indi ( changing also form EURUSD.m to EURUSD ...etc..) but the result is what you see ...nothing.
I'm pretty sure there is a mistake in my configuration ...could you help me ?
I don't know hat could cause an issue on your terminal. Sorry

It does not get stupider than this :

Short story : using an indicator from expert (metatrader 5 all the time and the simplest iCustom() call). The indicator name ending in "1.3". EA can not load it and causes run-time error in back test. When I removed the "1.3" from the indicator name, oh great wonders, it started to work. Whenever you have a simple "." in the name, EA back-testing goes nuts. I hope they are proud with the latest build of MT 5

mladen wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 am It does not get stupider than this :

Short story : using an indicator from expert (metatrader 5 all the time and the simplest iCustom() call). The indicator name ending in "1.3". EA can not load it and causes run-time error in back test. When I removed the "1.3" from the indicator name, oh great wonders, it started to work. Whenever you have a simple "." in the name, EA back-testing goes nuts. I hope they are proud with the latest build of MT 5
And if for this they are forcing every one to move on mt5,it is users still resisting to stay at mt4
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.