Re: Metatrader known bugs ...

An issue with metatrader 4 (new builds) :

Unlike the previous builds, new builds will sometime start the indicator with 0 bars in buffers - if you depend on the fact that the number of bars must be > 0, then make checks since once you get the array out of range error, the indicator will not run any more

mladen wrote:An issue with metatrader 4 (new builds) :

Unlike the previous builds, new builds will sometime start the indicator with 0 bars in buffers - if you depend on the fact that the number of bars must be > 0, then make checks since once you get the array out of range error, the indicator will not run any more
Dearest MLADEN
Do we assume an intentionally and tricky hanky-panky for discouraging mt4 users :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

No no discouraging. Quite the opposite. What I think is that we have to have documented cases when something happens what should not happen

Opening a chart without initialized buffers is what the new builds of mt4 have brought and for that reason some code might stop working in some cases - and it worked before. In order to avoid sleepless nights, now people can know before it happens, that it can (and will in some cases) happen

mladen wrote:No no discouraging. Quite the opposite. What I think is that we have to have documented cases when something happens what should not happen

Opening a chart without initialized buffers is what the new builds of mt4 have brought and for that reason some code might stop working in some cases - and it worked before. In order to avoid sleepless nights, now people can know before it happens, that it can (and will in some cases) happen
Dearest MLADEN
Do you have any rough idea,how much % of indicators might be effected,1%,2%,5% ?
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Dearest MLADEN
Do you have any rough idea,how much % of indicators might be effected,1%,2%,5% ?
regards
I don't know and it will not happen all the times
If it happens all the times, I guess the MQ would have noticed and fixed it. This way I guess that they even don't know about it