Re: Coding Help

Hello MrTools

I would really appreciate it Mr Tools if you would please help me to understand the coding logic of how the attached ‘FiboBars 2’ indicator actually works? What it the indicator looking at when it changes its colour from red to green, and from green to red?

This indicator was originally kindly posted by mntiwana in the ‘Various Indicators’ thread on 17.12.2018, page 23, post 227.

Regards as always

Holmes27

Holmes27 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 pm Hello MrTools

I would really appreciate it Mr Tools if you would please help me to understand the coding logic of how the attached ‘FiboBars 2’ indicator actually works? What it the indicator looking at when it changes its colour from red to green, and from green to red?

This indicator was originally kindly posted by mntiwana in the ‘Various Indicators’ thread on 17.12.2018, page 23, post 227.

Regards as always

Holmes27
Looks like mainly price action, for uptrend if close>open and highest high - lowest low times the level you choose < close - lowest low and the opposite is a down trend.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, Holmes27, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Looks like mainly price action, for uptrend if close>open and highest high - lowest low times the level you choose < close - lowest low and the opposite is a down trend.

Thanks so much Mr Tools for working it out for me. No wonder I couldn't figure it out just by observation! I've had this indicator on a GBPUSD M1 chart for a couple of days now, and it does seem to have genuine potential as an effective scalping indicator.

Much obliged and thank you as always Mr Tools

Holmes27

wojtek wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 am Dear Coders, Mladen and MrTools,
please improve / optimize the attached indicators in a way
they will work properly and smoothly for any broker, etc.
The indicators generate seconds chart(s) as an offline chart.
Thank you!
Dearest Coders,
no chance for romance with this interesting tool?

How are you, people?

after trying, I took another path and I managed to compile the indicator, but it works strange, what happens that the mtf projects, in a graphic of high price values (usdjpy, eurmxn, xauusd, etc)
but in graphics of low price values (eurusd, eurgbp, nzdusd, etc) it does not work for me,
and I do not understand why that is due,

besides that you are not printing the data correctly in the graph, it is strange, you draw the mtf in the graph, but it does not show you the data of each candle,

Here I leave the code that I did, so you can take a look and give me a hand to finish it.

greetings and happy holidays
certainly need both indicators to work

Dear guys,

is there anyone to explain me this paragraph:
trend = (i < Bars) ? (UpperLine[i + 1] < High) ? 1 : (LowerLine[i + 1] > Low) ? -1 : (MidLine[i + 1] < Close && MidLine[i + 1] > Close) ? 0 : trend[i + 1] : 0;

I can't understand it
thanks for your helping