Re: Coding Help

salexes wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 pm Hello developers,

please add buffers to these two indicators, so we can get the values of the drawn lines via iCustom. So we can use it in other indicators/expert advisors.

I do not know how to do it myself

Kind regards,
salexes
salexes

For spuds fibo you do not need buffers
When you know the name of the object, simply use that name to access the value of the level you want to access

mladen wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 pm salexes

For spuds fibo you do not need buffers
When you know the name of the object, simply use that name to access the value of the level you want to access
But what if I do not want to put them on the chart always and only want to use the values inside my indicator?

kind regards

salexes wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 am But what if I do not want to put them on the chart always and only want to use the values inside my indicator?

kind regards
Why don't you then do the math within your indicator?

What you are saying is essentially this :
  • You want to have internal metatrader built in object do the math for fibo
  • but you do not want that internal object to be seen

The conclusion is simple :
  • you have a minimum and maximum
  • maximum - minimum = range
  • minimum + some percent *range == level

If you use percentages like : 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8% and 76.4%,., it is usually considered to be the Fibonacchi sequence and that is all you need to do regarding that. You do not need any external indicator or any external buffer or any object for that. It is as simple as it gets

Thank you mladen, I got that part working!

Another question to all developers here:

Hello fellow traders,

I want to modify an existing Murrey Math Line indicator on how it draws the lines.

Right now it draws the Line as a Horizontal line on the charts but I want to change it so the line will be only displayed from the current candle (start) to two candles into the future (end).

See image:

I tried to do it myself and change the code myself but I can not make it as wanted.

I need help to change this. Could anybody show me how to do this?

kind regards,

salexes

salexes wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 am Thank you mladen, I got that part working!

Another question to all developers here:

Hello fellow traders,

I want to modify an existing Murrey Math Line indicator on how it draws the lines.

Right now it draws the Line as a Horizontal line on the charts but I want to change it so the line will be only displayed from the current candle (start) to two candles into the future (end).

See image:

I tried to do it myself and change the code myself but I can not make it as wanted.

I need help to change this. Could anybody show me how to do this?

kind regards,

salexes
salexes

Set the time2 property to time1 + period*60
And set the trend line ray property to false

I tried to add an ITM/winrate counter to an indicator and tired to make it that way, that it is only "triggered" when there is an arrow but it seems that I somehow did something wrong, right now it is calculating the winrate for every single candle on the chart instead of just when an arrow appears, could you take a look (! b1090+ MTH2014 mod Indiv1.mq4)?

cheers,
salexes