Re: Coding Help

Max wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:22 am Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate.
What is your opinion of this indicator i.e. SHI SLIVER repaint badly do recommend a better one.

My best regards

Max
Max,
Got to trend indicators tread or look for dynamic zone BB stops with arrows by Mr Tools on indicators and ideas tread one page back.
Use default setting and take arrows in dynamic zone bounce direction.
You will get 80% winning on any time frame.
Alternatively use PTL set to 6:2 any time frame with default MACD only as filter you get same ITM ratio any time frame.
All the best

thiru wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:28 pm

just some common thoughts on TMA;

The fact that everything that "recalculates" is bad is not correct. The most common mistake that users make is, generally they look at every indicator from the "signalling" point of view. Which is where the failure happens. TMA should never be looked at as a signal indicator. Anything that looks at extreme will have to recalculate. TMA is a "not" is a signal indicator.

when it comes to TMA, I really like the concept behind centred TMA because it is one of the few that can give an early idea about the swing. As we all know, all non-repainting indicators lag. The disadvantage with TMA based methods is that you cant make an EA, this has to be a manual method only. Anyway, I don't like EA.

most of the centred TMA indicators use mladens code as a base and we have some good quality indicators from mladen and mrtools. recently I looked at mrtools cfb based TMA. We need to combine TMA with other indicators and that's my journey is all about :)

generally, people run away from repainting indicators because of the volume of junk/crap/bad/ugly/smelly indicators that have plagued the market with getting rich quick scheme :) this happens becuase generlly the users (can we say majority) are too impatient to understand what goes behind.

:)
To add to what the moderator said centered TMA was made as a joke along with solarwind joy.
The creator himself said so over and over again.
If memory serves me well.
The concept of over sold and overbought itself is a signal of reversal and for user to look for swing change

Ajiboyf wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:18 am
To add to what the moderator said centered TMA was made as a joke along with solarwind joy.
The creator himself said so over and over again.
If memory serves me well.
The concept of over sold and overbought itself is a signal of reversal and for user to look for swing change
I have never told that I made the centered TMA as a joke. It was made based on Brian Millard's and J.M. Hurst's ideas and those ideas are far, far from a joke.

What I have repeatedly told that it should not be used as a signal indicator, and since that recommendation (not to use it as signal indicator) was almost always ignored, I have also repeatedly told that I regretted that I have made the centered TMA due to constant wrong usage of it. If people read Brian Millard's book "Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to JM Hurst " it will be clear that there is no joke about that if it is used the correct way

As of "solars" : Solar wind joy and solar wind were, are and always will remain what they are - a coding error (solar wind) and a joke (solar wind joy)
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 5):
FBI, pacois, Ajiboyf, thiru, Patrick K

chetachukwu wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:51 am Dear Mladen, Mr Tools.
Can attached indicator gives buy sell Arrows according to the bullseye indicator line slope (up/down). Sometimes it gives good early signal, sometimes it gives irrelevant signals in the process. So it produces too many Arrows. But some are pretty accurate.
Can you add any type of filter into the code to make it produce smoother, cleaner results? MA filter anything that could possibly improve it a bit. Any ideas from you will be welcome.
I guess not 😢😔😔😔

chetachukwu wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:51 am Dear Mladen, Mr Tools.
Can attached indicator gives buy sell Arrows according to the bullseye indicator line slope (up/down). Sometimes it gives good early signal, sometimes it gives irrelevant signals in the process. So it produces too many Arrows. But some are pretty accurate.
Can you add any type of filter into the code to make it produce smoother, cleaner results? MA filter anything that could possibly improve it a bit. Any ideas from you will be welcome.
Forget about such crape and decompiled codes
forecasting is also big lie for to leave attractive impression,simply a kind of assumptions that never come true
try using reliable codes,coded by reliable coders (Mladen/Mrtools)
there are a lot of Bull Bear class indicators at FS
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mladen wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 am

I have never told that I made the centered TMA as a joke. It was made based on Brian Millard's and J.M. Hurst's ideas and those ideas are far, far from a joke.

What I have repeatedly told that it should not be used as a signal indicator, and since that recommendation (not to use it as signal indicator) was almost always ignored, I have also repeatedly told that I regretted that I have made the centered TMA due to constant wrong usage of it. If people read Brian Millard's book "Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to JM Hurst " it will be clear that there is no joke about that if it is used the correct way

As of "solars" : Solar wind joy and solar wind were, are and always will remain what they are - a coding error (solar wind) and a joke (solar wind joy)
Thank you Mladen for the timely correction,
This information is well noted by me for future reference.

mntiwana wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Forget about such crape and decompiled codes
forecasting is also big lie for to leave attractive impression,simply a kind of assumptions that never come true
try using reliable codes,coded by reliable coders (Mladen/Mrtools)
there are a lot of Bull Bear class indicators at FS
It is not the forecaster you think it is. Download the indicator and see for yourself. In fact there nothing forecasting about this indicator. Its a gann hilo activator type of indi. I think you should look at first. Don't jump into conclusions.

chetachukwu wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:53 pm

It is not the forecaster you think it is. Download the indicator and see for yourself. In fact there nothing forecasting about this indicator. Its a gann hilo activator type of indi. I think you should look at first. Don't jump into conclusions.
Don't jump into conclusions
Man,i think you are more over estimated about your self and aggressive too that dont work in public forums
aside from the fact/s it is Gann type or not - it is decompiled (stolen) code
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

chetachukwu wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:53 pm I guess not
I know you're new here on the forum but as Moderator Mntiwana previously stated, you posted a decompiled/stolen code and we don't touch those types of files here. Please follow our rules, it's highlighted in bold here here.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance