Re: Coding Help

traderduke wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 am Mladen
I have been using this quick & dirty EA to test indicators for the last 4 years and haven't had any thing like this happen before. I cleaned up the magic number and made it simpler. The problem still exist in the strategy tester. I hope that is what you meant when you said :check the magic number.
thank you
Ray

see new EA
RK-35_MA_Squize-RevT-EA-v2-wtrendwdayw9-TrlS.mq4
Though i have not read whole code but till i saw there are code lines belongs to magic number
line #31 : extern int MagicNumber = 1;
line #355 : ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lotMM, myPrice, Slippage, 0, 0, comments, MagicNumber, 0, DodgerBlue);
line #370 : ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lotMM, myPrice, Slippage, myStopLoss, myTakeProfit, comments,
MagicNumber, 0, DodgerBlue);
line #413 : ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, lotMM, myPrice, Slippage, 0, 0, comments,
MagicNumber, 0, Red);
line #454 : if ( OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber) continue;
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

I have been using this quick & dirty EA to test indicators for the last 4 years and haven't had any thing like this happen before. I cleaned up the magic number and made it simpler. The problem still exist in the strategy tester. I hope that is what you meant when you said :check the magic number.
thank you
Ray

see new EA
Ray this version seems to be working pretty good, but it's using v2 of the indicator, you just need to change it to indicator call to v4 and it should be ok.

ps) just noticed on back testing it is only taking buys, so it still needs some work.

thank you
Ray

see new EA
Ray, this version has the same name but coded the indicator values into the EA so no iCustom is needed and now it buys and sells, pay no attention to the strategy tester report it's with only 40% modeling quality, but tested it on m30 timeframe with exit = 1 and 30 tp. :)
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Chickenspicy

mrtools wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 pm Ray, this version has the same name but coded the indicator values into the EA so no iCustom is needed and now it buys and sells, pay no attention to the strategy tester report it's with only 40% modeling quality, but tested it on m30 timeframe with exit = 1 and 30 tp. :)

Mrtools
Thanks a lot , I'll test it forward this week.
I really appreciate your help.
Ray

acerdufer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 pm Hi guys Mrtools and Mladen I need a small answer from you I have an indicator that in the present does not reply at all but in the bastester it changes pattern I think it is not compatible With the bactester it's true
Based on a description all we can do is a guess. Sorry

Are you aware that some pairs are extremely difficult to trade and therefore have to absolutely avoid for beginners alord that others are "made" for beginners. The pairs that contain the Japanese yen are not fundamentally difficult but are too dangerous for a beginner or if you do not have a big capital because they can produce very violent movements all at once even if they are calm the rest of the Time, the pairs that contain the euro are very erratic because the euro is VERY erratic, throwing on eurusd is a big mistake and you are going to tear your hair with graphic analysis that does nothing to what is The sad reality of the pairs that contain the euro, all the pairs that contain the Canadian dollar are by far the most difficult, prohibition to touch them if you are not very experienced. On the other hand, the pair audusd is the nicest of all, and the one that obeys the analysis and the patterns most faithfully, is the one to be traded intensively when one begins, by extension nzdusd also, and Your broker has a reasonable spread on audnzd ca te constitutes a triplet with the property that audnzd is a pair that does not move too much as the central banks of Australia and New Zealand try to keep their currencies not too far away.