QuestionNinjaTrader8 cycle questions?

Not sure if this is where I should ask this, so if I need to ask at another area please let me know.

I am about to retire and am fairly new to trading software.  I just started using TOS software for trading stocks and it works fairly good.
What I want to do is be able to do a little cycle type research on stocks to see if that may be a good tool to use in following stocks.
I don't think TOS will do what I want, but a friend of mine told me he thought, NinjaTrader, TradeStation, Amibroker, E-Signal, MetaTrader etc. could
do what I wanted.  So what I want to know is there any cycle stuff for NinjaTrader8,  that will find the best 3 to 5 cycles and then you be able
to do a cycle summation of some of those cycles and projection it into the near future?  Like below?
Does anyone have something similar to this or can program something similar for NinjaTrader8?
 Would also probably be interested in any cycle type indicators, exploration projection type stuff for NinjaTrader once I get the cycle finder-summation stuff.
Thanks,
Joe
Attachments

Re: NinjaTrader8 cycle questions?

The cycle finder part is called Power Spectrum?   It is at the bottom of the picture below.
 It seems to work very for his use of it.  He uses it on Esignal.  I hope something similar can be done on NinjaTrader8.
 Also wish it could be done on ThinkorSwim ThinkDesk software which is what I use now.  Wish there were some TOS thinkSript
coders here.
 Anyone here that understands this type stuff and can code it or know of something like this already done?
 Even if I had something like this where I could put in my own cycle periods and wave heigths and be able to move each cycle forwards or backwards
 until I get them where I want them and the be able to do a summation of the cycles etc. would help for doing some cycle research like I want to do.

Attachments

mladen,

That looks similar to it.  Can that be done in NinjaTrader8?  Is there anyone here who can do that type stuff?
 Also would want a cycle summation of the cycles on the price chart.  I believe it would also need for the user to be able to move
 each cycle plot forwards or backwards a few bars to make the summation fit the past to help on the future projection?

Also as far as MetaTrader?
 Can US stock data be used in it and can it hook up to a stock brokers data to be used in charting?  And can MetaTrader be
 downloaded and used by anyone without being hooked to a forex broker?

That is the main reason I am looking into NinjaTrader.  It can be use free and it can download data from yahoo or google and
also hook up to TD Ameritrade-ThinkorSwim data that I already use with the TOS thinkdesk software.

Wish I understood and knew programming.  Hope to learn some stuff but I am too old to really learn it like I should.

Do you know if MT can download and use stock data like 99.9% of all the other similar trading software?  And can MT be downloaded by anyone for free?
 That is one thing I could never understand about MT.  They could have years ago easily doubled or more the everyday use of their software by being able to download and use
any stock data along with the forex stuff.  Even now they could probably increase the amount of users by a small amount if they offered that, but it is probably
too late in the game to increase a lot now with so many software package that automaticly download and use the stock data any many have the data and software
for free.

I will try and check around for other programers that work with ThinkScript and ninjatrader to see if what I need can be done in either of those.  I know it can be done
in signal and tradestation.

styx wrote:  Do you know if MT can download and use stock data like 99.9% of all the other similar trading software?  And can MT be downloaded by anyone for free?
 That is one thing I could never understand about MT.  They could have years ago easily doubled or more the everyday use of their software by being able to download and use
any stock data along with the forex stuff.  Even now they could probably increase the amount of users by a small amount if they offered that, but it is probably
too late in the game to increase a lot now with so many software package that automaticly download and use the stock data any many have the data and software
for free.

I will try and check around for other programers that work with ThinkScript and ninjatrader to see if what I need can be done in either of those.  I know it can be done
in signal and tradestation.
Joe

As far as I know mt5 should allow that but mt4 not
But that needs to be rechecked