QuestionTradeStation questions?

I was the one who was asking about NinjaTrader and cycles in the NinjaTrader section.
Why I am here asking about TradeStation is because I was talking to a friend about cycles and spectrum etc. and he told me that
a person named Clyde Lee did some cycle work and used spectrum analyzer in his Hurst Channels in TradeStation. He said he knew they would work in TradeStation 2000i but not sure if they worked with the newer TradeStation.
So what I need to know is:

1. How do I get TradeStation 2000i and Clyde Lees hurst Channels indicators.
2. Will 2000i install and work OK in windows 10?
3. Is there a way to get a newer TradeStation version without going through TradeStation Brokerage etc. (I just want to do some cycle research).
4. Will Clyde Lees stuff work on the newer TradeStation?
5. How do I get data for a few USA stocks into TradeStation for research without having to pay or go through a brokerage?

Any ideas or helpful hints on any of the above would be very helpful.

Would also be interested in any other cycle type indicators etc. for TradeStation.
Thanks,

Re: TradeStation questions?

styx wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:06 pm I was the one who was asking about NinjaTrader and cycles in the NinjaTrader section.
Why I am here asking about TradeStation is because I was talking to a friend about cycles and spectrum etc. and he told me that
a person named Clyde Lee did some cycle work and used spectrum analyzer in his Hurst Channels in TradeStation. He said he knew they would work in TradeStation 2000i but not sure if they worked with the newer TradeStation.
So what I need to know is:

1. How do I get TradeStation 2000i and Clyde Lees hurst Channels indicators.
2. Will 2000i install and work OK in windows 10?
3. Is there a way to get a newer TradeStation version without going through TradeStation Brokerage etc. (I just want to do some cycle research).
4. Will Clyde Lees stuff work on the newer TradeStation?
5. How do I get data for a few USA stocks into TradeStation for research without having to pay or go through a brokerage?

Any ideas or helpful hints on any of the above would be very helpful.

Would also be interested in any other cycle type indicators etc. for TradeStation.
Thanks,
Did you try some of the Fourier analysis packs for tradestation?

mladen,
Thanks for the reply and trying to help.
I don't have TradeStation and am not sure how to get and what version to get without going through TradeStation and their
Brokerage. All I want to do is some cycle type research on a few stocks to see how usefull that is and if it would be helpful
to me. So I am I am looking for low cost to free way to do it now, and if it is usefull to me maybe buy something at a later date.
I now use AmeriTrade TOS as my brokerage and my trading software and they work good but their is no cycle stuff like
I am looking as of now.
I would like to try some of the Fourier analysis packs for TradeStation, if I can get TradeStation and find the Fourier stuff.

Thanks,

styx wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 am mladen,
Thanks for the reply and trying to help.
I don't have TradeStation and am not sure how to get and what version to get without going through TradeStation and their
Brokerage. All I want to do is some cycle type research on a few stocks to see how usefull that is and if it would be helpful
to me. So I am I am looking for low cost to free way to do it now, and if it is usefull to me maybe buy something at a later date.
I now use AmeriTrade TOS as my brokerage and my trading software and they work good but their is no cycle stuff like
I am looking as of now.
I would like to try some of the Fourier analysis packs for TradeStation, if I can get TradeStation and find the Fourier stuff.

Thanks,
For testing purposes you can use metatrader and Fourier analysis stuff that can be found for that. After that you can make your decisions

Morbec wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 am I have Tradestation 9.5 running on Win 10 with Forex data (part of the deal for moving us over to Oanda last year). I could try something on TS if you point me in the right direction for the code. Ian
Ian

Some quick links :
http://traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/2007/01/TradersTips/TradersTips.html
https://community.tradestation.com/disc ... c_ID=43047
http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-indicators/6308-fourier-transform.html
http://meyersanalytics.com/epfft.html

Hi guys,

Looks like the code works fine in Tradestation 9.5 and Windows 10. There are two indicators and a Tradestation strategy, which actually looks pretty decent on a quick look. I must admit, I have no idea how it works. Forex-Station won't let me post the code for some reason (file extension error).

Only issue is TS no longer has a Forex brokerage although you may be able to connect to other brokers. The ELD file should be importable into MultiCharts also. I have MC 10, I might give it a try tomorrow. Ian

The code imports directly into MultiCharts 10 also. You can get a demo of MC from their website. Not sure if you can get a demo of Tradestation and even if you could I doubt they can organise Forex data. It is a very simple RSI strategy that is not worth trying I would say. Done as a demo for the FFT dynamically altering the RSI period. :) Ian

Morbec wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm The code imports directly into MultiCharts 10 also. You can get a demo of MC from their website. Not sure if you can get a demo of Tradestation and even if you could I doubt they can organise Forex data. It is a very simple RSI strategy that is not worth trying I would say. Done as a demo for the FFT dynamically altering the RSI period. :) Ian
Nagh
There is no demo of tradestation :)

I just saw some advertising from TradeStation where they now offer their trading software and data free if you open an account with them. The only reason I didn't have an account with them was because they charged for the data and software while most other brokerages offered data and software for free. If they would have done this 10 years ago they would probably have double the accounts? It is probably too late in the game now, but it can't hurt them. They will probably ad some accounts because of this.
So I will probably open an account with TradeStation since I know the cycle stuff can be done with it.
I question I would like to ask the users of TradeStation is:
Can you overlay a market over another market to compare them? But also be able set one of the markets back or forwards to any date? Meaning you can overlay and compare say this years qqq to say the SPY or any other market or even the qqq itself, from 5, 10, 15 or what ever years ago? So you can visualy compare this year to any year in the past you want to compare.
Hope you understand what I am wanting to do.
Can this be done with TradeStation?

Thanks,
Styx